Chapter 8 - Part One

Ok, here it is. I have split this into two parts as it turned out to be very long, but I think they need to be together. I hope you enjoy it :)

Part One

By the time the four women arrived at the stadium, the guya were on stage doing a sound check.  

Abby was beyond excited to see them play together. She had seen Gabe and Pod play at the house of course, but she had only seen the whole band on video. The effect of them live left her awestruck. 

They decided to sit down in seats that were shrouded in darkness, not wanting to disrupt their playing. 

Abby couldn't take her eyes off Gabe, as he played a complicated riff on his guitar that Pod echoed with his own. When he stepped up to the mic and started singing, the sound of his voice gave her goose bumps. At one point, the light show changed and left Gabe back lit by blue light, it gave him an almost ethereal aura that took her breath away. She never thought she could fall more in love with him, but now he had her heart, body and soul.

When the song ended, Fiona and Lucy jumped up and started cheering and whooping. This brought an immediate reaction from the guys on the stage. When Gaz heard his wife's voice, he stood up on his stool and launched himself over his drum kit, almost landing on Pod in the process. When Phil realised what was going on, he dropped his bass and ran after Gaz as he leapt down from the stage. 

Gabe looked at Pod and they both winced as their band mates crashed to the floor. It was a fair drop from the stage, and with their track record it was a miracle there were no broken bones. 

Gabe breathed a sigh of relief as they both stood up and started jumping over the seats to get to their wives. 

Their antics had distracted Gabe from the fact that Abby was also there, waiting for him. He decided to take the safer route and ran down the steps at the side of the stage. His long legs making short work of running up the aisle, to where Abby was waiting for him. Not wanting to appear too eager in front of his band mates, Pod sauntered behind casually, his hands in the front pockets of his black jeans. 

As Gabe got closer, his eyes locked on Abby's and the world around them faded away. She shrieked as he picked her up and swung her round in his arms. He groaned as their lips met in a long passionate kiss that Abby felt it right down to her toes.  

"God I've missed you so much." The words vibrated on her neck as he kissed it, then slowly worked his way back up to her lips again. 

"I've missed you too." She managed to murmur in between the breath taking kisses.

Pod ignored the lip locking going on around him as he stopped in front of Helen. 

He looked her up and down, and then smirked. 

"I thought you were going to wear your nurses' outfit." His eyes sparkled with mischief as she drew in a sharp breath at his words. 

Not to be outdone, she decided to play him at his own game and sidled up to him. She ran a finger over his lips as she replied in a husky voice. 

"I'm saving that for later." 

She couldn't stop the satisfied grin, as she felt his body shudder against hers. 

"Jaysus woman, what the hell are you doing to me?" His Irish brogue coming out full force as his cool demeanour faded. 

"You ain't seen nothing yet." She retorted with a wink. 

"Is that so?" He asked and raised an eyebrow at her. She was just about to reply, when he stole the words out of her mouth by placing his own over it.