Chapter 28

Hello everyone.

Yes I'm back. It's been a long hard struggle but I finally think I can write again.

I had originally planned to have this chapter ready for Christmas, I'm sorry that didn't happen.

I want to thank all of you who have stuck with me. I wouldn't blame you if you had given up on me. I know how frustrating it is when an author doesn't update on a regular basis. Believe me when I say, it's even more frustrating for me when I have this story in my head but just can't get it out.

Anyway, it's here at last. I hope you enjoy it.

Oh and don't forget to vote and comment. Even if it is to chastise me over not updating for months.

Chapter 28

Christmas morning arrived a lot earlier than most of the adults in the house would have liked.

But when you have a house full of children, a lie in was not on the cards.

Mary and the nannies tried to keep the children's volume down and were just grabbing a well-earned coffee when all hell broke loose.

"It's snowing!" They all shouted and started running for the door.

Mary was quick to head off their stampede and stood, arms folded, blocking the exit.

"Where do you think you are all going in your pyjamas?"

"But Mary it's snowing." They whined.

She turned her head to look out of the window.

"So it is."

"And we want to go and play in it."

"Well now. Do you suppose your parents would thank me for letting you all go out and catch your deaths?"

"But Mary."

"Go and get dressed in warm clothes, then you can go out."

"But it might not last long."

"Then you had better hurry."

The children were silent for couple of seconds before the penny dropped.

"Last one dressed is a smelly loser." Yelled one of the boys, as they all turned and bolted for the stairs.

The sound of nine children thundering up the stairs was enough to wake the dead, let alone a group of adults sleeping off the previous nights festivities.

"What the feck is that noise?" Pod groaned as he sat up in bed.

He ran a hand over his face in an attempt to wake himself up.

"Jeysus. I didn't think I had that much to drink last night, but the pounding in my head sounds like thunder."

"That's not in your head." Grumbled a voice from under the duvet.

Pod lifted his head and dropped his hands. Turning slowly towards the disembodied voice, he cleared his throat.

"Helen?"

Fingers appeared at the edge of the duvet and pulled it down. Helen's angry face appeared.

"Were you expecting someone else?"

"No, of course not. It's just that we haven't been sleeping together for a while and I was really pissed last night. Then this pounding in my head. Ah feck! This isn't coming out right." He buried his head in his hands again.