Chapter 6

I know it's been forever since I updated and I am really sorry. Hopefully this long chapter will make up for it and i am back on a roll now. Thank you for your patience and support x

Chapter 6

The next few weeks passed by in a blur for Abby. Nights were spent talking to Gabe and the days were spent with her best friend and Mary. She concentrated on getting fitter by swimming in Gabe's luxurious pool and taking long walks on his private beach. Even the regular blood tests and examinations by her consultant couldn't bring her mood down. There was no sign that her pregnancy was affecting her recovery and she was on top of the world. She was even given the go ahead to invite Gaz and Phil's wives over with their kids. 

So the weekend before she was due to fly out to New York they arranged a day at Gabe's house. She spent the morning in the kitchen with Mary baking all sorts of goodies for their guests, when everything was prepared, Helen dragged her away to get ready.

Helen flung herself down on Abby's bed as she watched her get changed. 

"So, what are these wives like?" 

"I have no idea, the only thing I do know is that according to Gabe they have tamed the two most out of control members of the band." 

"Well they don't sound like your typical WAGS then, but we'll just have to wait and see I suppose." 

"Yeah, I think if they had been Gabe would have warned me. He likes them, so that's a good sign. I just hope they like me." Abby sighed. 

Helen sat up and grinned. "Of course they'll like you, what's not to like?" 

Abby pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans before turning to her friend with a frown. 

"I have nothing in common with them, they have been around the guys for years and both have families. I don't really know anything about the lifestyle they are used to, I just feel like an outsider." Her voice trailed off with a sigh. 

"Well from what Mary has said about them, I really don't think they will have a problem with any of that. Anyway, you are pregnant so you do have something in common, that is if you want to let them in on the secret." She raised an eyebrow as she looked at Abby. 

Rubbing her hands over her face in frustration Abby sighed again. "How can I start sharing secrets like that with two women who I am meeting for the first time today?" 

Helen stood up and wrapped her arms around Abby. "Stop worrying and just go with the flow, you'll know if it feels right to tell them. Now come on, let's get downstairs before they arrive, I want to sample you're baking before the kids eat it all." 

"You had better go easy on the cakes if you want to impress a certain Irish guitarist when he gets back." Abby laughed as she ducked out of Helen's reach. 

"And she's back." Helen chuckled as she followed her out of the bedroom.

They had just finished setting everything up around the pool when they heard a loud commotion in the hallway. 

"Well I guess they've arrived." Helen chuckled. 

Abby turned towards the door as what seemed like wave of children ran into the room, followed closely by Mary and the two women she had yet to meet. 

She was pleasantly surprised to see that they weren't dressed up like WAGS at all, they both wore jeans and t shirts and hardly any make up. 

As she made her way to greet them one of the children screamed out, "Yay food." And all the kids scurried over to the tables laid out with all the goodies she and Mary had prepared.