An Evil Alliance

There was always something that rang in the back of your mind. It was the truth about the evilness of man and just how capable humankind was in terms of destruction. You had seen it when the Americans dropped the bombs on Japan. When the Germans lead a mass genocide against a whole race. When the world went to war.

You were just a boy but that didn't change anything in your mind. Humans were evil. Magic and knights and giants and unicorns and dragons......none of those were real to you anymore. Even Knights, who were once real, are no more than simple legends. Memories from another time.

You wondered when exactly it was that you had to come to the realization that the world of Fairy Tales was a world of pure fiction.

Dawn: Y/N?

You blinked, not even realizing that you had spaced out. You looked down to see Dawn staring up at you. You nearly forgot that the two of you were supposed to go into town together.

Dawn: Are you alright? You look a bit sick.

You waved off her concerns. You felt well enough.

Y/N: Just thinking about some school stuff. So, you ready to head out?

Dawn nodded. You both started to leave the quarry together. However, as you did, you couldn't help but feel a sense of homesickness. Like a dream of a better world that was making your stomach turn.

What was that about?

You leaned against the lockers of Ever After High, eyes trained on all the passing students. You were looking for someone in particular.

Then, you spotted her. You smirked.

Y/N: Oh, Kitty.

Kitty stopped walking, something she still didn't enjoy but had no choice, and looked your way. You motioned for her to come your way, which she hesitated to do.

When she was close enough, you looked around to make sure there were no prying ears.

Kitty: What do you want?

You could almost hear the hiss in her voice.

Y/N: Someone is hostile.

Kitty: Forgive me for not wanting to talk to the greatest guy in the world.

Kitty covered her mouth with wide eyes. That wasn't what she wanted to say. She wanted to tell you how much of a monster you were.

You grinned, satisfied that the spell was doing what it was supposed to do.

Y/N: Aw. Thank you, my dear.

Kitty: I am not your 'dear'.

Y/N: Course. Anyway, word around school is that you like causing a bit of mayhem every now and then.

Kitty crossed her arms, mostly uninterested in what you were planning. She really just wanted to avoid you at all costs until she could figure out how to break her curse or tell someone what was going on.

Y/N: I want to cause a bit of mayhem of my own as well. But, the problem is that I can't have people knowing what I'm up to. That would cause problems. But if someone else was to start messing with some things......you catch my drift?

Kitty narrowed her eyes.

Y/N: Now now. No need to get all grumpy. I'll tell you what. You help me, and I'll let you get your little magic gift back. You can go wherever you want again.