A Bit Of Chaos

Oswalt stared at the ring in between his fingers. He wouldn't place it on his own hand, that would take away most of his powers since it was one of the only sources of Good Witch magic left in Ever After, but he also couldn't just throw it away at Ever After. No. Someone else would find it.

He looked down the corridor of the Well of Wonder and smiled. He reached his hand out, and dropped it into the waters below. Now it could end up anywhere. Even if it landed in Wonderland, the chances of finding it were close to .00000001%.

Besides, you were still missing. Even if you did somehow find the ring, you would have no way of using it. Your magic was his. You had no actual access to it anyway. He made sure of that when he took back his body.

Cheshire: So, what is the plan?

Oswalt turned around to look to where the Chesire Cat was lounging. He smiled.

Oswalt: It's simple. I just need you to keep an eye out for the Storybook of Legends. It passed through here not long ago.

Cheshire: And then what?

Oswalt: Should anyone try to return it to Ever After, I need you to switch it out for something else. And should you get the chance, make sure to keep the book in Wonderland.

Cheshire tapped her chin. She then grinned from ear to ear.

Cheshire: I see now. This is sure to be quite the fun trick to play.

Oswalt: That's what I'm hoping for. Now, if you'll excuse me, my dear, I must be returning. I have someone I need to talk to.

He began to ascend the steps to Ever After, but stopped. He then turned back to Cheshire.

Oswalt: I'll remember my end of the deal as well.

Cheshire: I certainly hope so. My Kitty needs a lesson or two about how to be truly a Cheshire. A real trickster.

Oswalt smiled.

Oswalt: Of course. You can count on me.

The strangly blue water splashed as a pebble bounced along the water. In the bank of the river was Alistair and Bunny, freshly defeated by the Queen's guards.

Alistair: The curse on Wonderland has made the Queen of Hearts afraid!

Bunny: I know, Alistair.

Alistair: Afraid that if anything happens to upset the balance, that green encircling chaos will close in and destroy Wonderland.

The two looked up into the sky where the ugly green curse swirled overhead. The outer rim of the curse was brown and the entire thing smelt oddly of sulfer when you got close enough.

The Evil Queen cursed Wonderland years ago. The threat still remained, however.

If she had finished her spell, this evil would have closed in, devastating everything. This was why the Brothers Grimm magically severed every path between the worlds.

Alistair: One day, I'll help solve the riddle and lift the curse.

And then, maybe he'll see his mother again. That was the dream, at least. He didn't remember much of her or of his life before Wonderland. And when the curse came, he lost most of his found family as well. All he had now was Bunny and the White Rabbit himself.

He didn't even know his last name. Only Wonderland.

Bunny watched as he kneeled down to grab another pebble. She wished she could help him, but she didn't have any magic. She wasn't very useful in a fight either. She was only meant to guide him to Wonderland when the time came.