Life Goes On

Oswalt stared blankly at the stone ground. His nose and eye twitched as he thought back on your fight. On Ozma's sudden appearance. On his defeat.

He was mad. Bitter. But he had ended up getting what he wanted after all. That was why he was here now.

He lifted his head and stared at the once great hall of the Emerald City. The chamber of his father's where he would grant the wishes of his people. Oswalt remembered playing here when he was younger. Glynda would always yell at the two of you to behave, but neither of you respected her much.

The world now knew the truth about the Royal Families of Ever After, Oz was now Oswalt's, and he had the one thing that he truly wanted out of pure desire.

Kitty: Oswalt?

Oswalt looked over his shoulder to see Kitty apporching him timidly. She now wore a green version of her dress. She seemed worried about him, something that he hasn't seen in years.

Oswalt reached his hand out which Kitty took. She sat beside him while Oswalt stared at their hands.

Her's was so small. So delicate. Oswalt lifted it up and kissed the knuckle ever so gently.

Oswalt: You are truly the best part of my life, my dear. Thank you for coming with me.

Kitty smiled. She moved closer and leaned against him, to which he responded tensely. He slowly began to relax and lay his head on hers.

Oz was his. Still abandoned save for the shadowy versions of the past. And now, he had someone he cared deeply for. He still had a long way to go before it was back to it's former glory, but for right now, he was content.

He had everything he could ever want in his hand.

-Ever After High-

Your eyes slowly opened to a warm sunlight. You stared at the leaves as they swayed in the breeze before realizing you were back at this place. Your eyes narrowed for a second before you sat up.

You were next to the lamp post, only this time the lamp was lit.

No note. No present. Nothing. Though the pictures from before were still there, seemingly untouched since your last visit.

???: I have been waiting for you.

You didn't move. The low, deep voice sounded like it was right next to you. It sounded powerful.

Slowly, you turned your head to see the eyes of someone staring right back into yours. You leaned back and realized, it wasn't a someone. It was a something. An animal.

???: You need not fear me, child. I will not harm you.

Your mouth was open, but no words came out. So, you just nodded.

The beast took a step back and allowed you to stand up. You happened to look past him to see that your sword and shield were proped up against a tree.

???: You found the first treasures of Narnia. But, not only that. You also used them to stop a great evil, just as their previous wielder before had done. You should be proud.

Y/N: Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm pretty proud. I mean, we managed to get our school back and stop my brother from.....whatever he was doing.

And now you were talking to it.

???: You do not know my name, do you, child?

You shook your head. How would you know who this was? You had never met him before. Only, you have.

Y/N: Wait, are you what's been coming after me the last two times I was here?

The creature let out a deep chuckle that feeled you with warmth. You couldn't help but grin yourself.