Topsy-Turvy Trouble

Ginger: "Treat this portal to discover, a bridge from one oven to another."

Y/N: Which, to be clear, does not mean to crawl inside of it while the daughter of the Candy Witch is around.

You sat on the counter, your arms crossed and covered in black spots from the oven. The three of you were still trying to crack the riddle to get a message to Ever After, but you were having no luck.

Y/N: "Treat"......"Treat"......wait. I got it!

The White Knight placed a hand over the oven, making sure you wouldn't crawl into it again.

Y/N: We have to make a Treat, right?

Ginger: "Treat" like a sweet treat! The only way we can send a warming to our friends is to bake one in a Treat!

Y/N: Yeah!

You both high-fived each other, though Ginger looked at you oddly.

Ginger: Weren't you taller before?

White Knight: You do realize, baking in Wonderland is a lot different than back where you're from.

Ginger simply tossed them a pink apron.

Ginger: I figured as much.

She tossed you a green apron and grabbed one for herself.

Ginger: But, I'm a good baker. I think I can handle it!

Ginger looked around the cook books before she pulled one out.

Ginger: Now, let's see.

She opened it, but a month appeared and started speaking.

Book: Well, what are we baking today? Amazing apple pie? Banana Bonanza? Caterpillar cupcakes? Delicious delectable delights? Elgant éclairs?

You took the book, closed it, and threw it aside.

Y/N: I know a recipe. First, we need flour.

The bells tolled as Alistair looked down at the festival from the balcony. The Wonderlandians had gathered together to discuss Alistair and Bunny's claims. Ruby even agreed to join them since you were still missing.

Lizzie: And you're sure it was the Storybook of Legends?

Alistair simply looked at her. She quickly took it back.

Lizzie: Okay, okay.

Alistair: I just don't understand what could have happened!

Bunny: Unless....

Maddie: Unless what?

Ruby: Did something happen?

Bunny: Well, after we found the book, we did run into someone.

Alistair: That's right!

Kitty: Who?

Bunny: Your mom.

Ruby snickered, but kept it to herself.

Kitty: Really? My mom?!

Everyone looked at each other.

Kitty: You think she switched out the Storybook of Legends with the Riddle Book?!

Everyone stayed silent.