Shuffle The Deck

You all remained trapped in the office while Courtly laughed at her own plan. She had separated Lizzie from your group, now taunting her.

Lizzie: Courtly Jester! You may be a Joker, but this isn't funny! You'll pay for this!

Y/N: She's serious. You're attacking both the Princess of Hearts and the Knave of Hearts. This is treason, Courtly. You won't get away with this.

She reached over and booped you on the nose.

Courtly: HA! Not when I am the new Queen!

Raven: Not gonna happen, Courtly!

Apple: We'll never let you become the Queen!

Courtly looked back at all of you.

Courtly: Oh-ho really? This is my school, and we follow a-my rules and I can do whatever I want! If you really want to graduate to leave here, it's easy!

She pulled on a golden rope that caused a bookshelf to shift. They opened and a single scroll opened up and unrolled all the way to Lizzie's feet.

Courtly: This contract stipulates that you've signed over all your rights as the heiress to the Queen of Hearts's throne...to me. Hum-hmm.

Lizzie: Never!

Courtly frowned. She then pulled out a pen.

Courtly: It's a simple choice, Lizzie Hearts! You...and your friends, can spend the rest of your lives here at school, OR, "voluntarily" sign...on the dotted line.

She then handed Lizzie the contract and the pen. She looked at them in worry then at all of you. Her eyes Landes on you in particular.

Lizzie: I-I...but...my friends, will be free?

Maddie: Woah! Don't do it Lizzie!

Briar: She'll become queen of Wonderland!

Lizzie shook her head.

Lizzie: But Briar, she'll let us go. I-If we stay here, we're doomed anyway. And Y/N needs to be back, to Ruby.

You frowned. Was she really going to do this, for you?

Raven: Lizzie, listen to me. You have to be the Queen of Hearts! It's your...destiny!

Apple: Raven?!

Raven: I know, I've never been really big on destiny. But look...

Y/N: Nope!

Everyone turned to you as you stepped forward in annoyance.

Y/N: We are not doing this destiny crap right now. Everyone just...just shut it for five seconds. Or however long it takes for me to make my point.

You turned back to Lizzie and your expression softened.

Y/N: Your heart has always been set on being the next queen, Lizzie. You can't give up on it now! Not for our freedom. We don't need Courtney's permission to get our freedom....

Courtly: It's Courtly.

Y/N: We can break out of this upside down school. I know, cause we're together.

You held out your hand towards Lizzie who was utterly surpised by your sincere words. Everyone was. It had been a while since they last heard one of your speeches. They've missed it.

Though, Courtly smacked your hand away.

Courtly: How heart-felt...Just. Sign! THE CONTRACT!

Lizzie: I...

She looked at the contract, then at you. You smiled and nodded.

Lizzie: I....I won't!

She threw the contract down and broke the pen with ease, everyone surpised that she could do such a thing with a metal pen, before looking to Courtly to see what her next move would be.