On A Train With A Hare

You huffed as you continued up the rather large hill covered in pink grass. The signs in the trees were pointing every way, except for the way you needed to go. Or, at least, to where you think you needed to go. The armor you wore, though only pieces, was starting to feel heavier with every step you took.  The sword that the Queen of Hearts gave you still hung from your belt.

It was funny how time seemed to work in Wonderland. You've been here for nearly a week already, but it has felt like forever. A week since you left London, a week since the disrupted tournament, a week since you left to find the Vorpal Blade.

You were still looking for a way to not only get back to Ever After, but to be able to find a way to defeat your brother. You just hoped that he wasn't doing too much damage. And if he as so much as laid a finger in one of your friends or Ruby, you would make sure to put that Vorpal Blade to good use.

You had to stop your thoughts. Take a deep breath. Ever since you had talked to Mr. Badwolf about your quest for vengeance, you had found yourself thinking more deeply in what you wanted. You were so willing to throw everything away just for a hollow scope of what was once a kingdom.

And after speaking to Susan, you found yourself understanding that things just weren't always meant to last. Kingdoms rise and fall. Should you really lose everything for a slim chance to try and rebuild something that had no chance to be rebuild?

And as for Oswalt, could you really blame him for his anger? It was partly your fault for keeping him locked inside for so long. He knew nothing but anger and rage. He didn't get to meet and bond with the people you did. He never got the help that you both clearly needed.

You let out a sigh before coming to a stop. You took a deep breath and began to stretch to try and ease your pain. However, when you did, you heard a strange sound.

Blooooooooo!!!

You nearly jumped at the sudden loud noise. You looked around confused before you noticed a trail of steam appearing from over some tree tops. Confused, you decided to investigate.

You walked through the forest for a moment before coming across a clearing. There, you found a small wooden platform where animal folk were waiting in a short line. They were waiting to get onto a train.

Y/N: What the hex?

What was a train doing here in Wonderland?

You decided to give it a go. It would probably be better to use it to get to where you needed to go. Plus, it would be a good chance to rest.

You approached the platform and waited for your turn. When you reached the front of the line, the moose(?) stopped you.

Moose: Ticket, sir.

Y/N: Ticket?

You suddenly realized that you didn't even have any money on you. You quickly patted yourself down but you were out of luck.

Y/N: Crap crap crap.

The Moose just watched as you began to panic. Then, he noticed the crest on your armor. His eyes grew wide as he cleared his throat.

Moose: M-My Knave! I did not notice you. My apologies.

He stepped out of the way and bowed.

Moose: Please, forgive me, sir.

Knave? Oh, right. The Queen of Hearts made you her Knave. Did that actually grant you power here?

You decided not to look the gift horse, or Moose, in the mouth. Besides, that would be very rude.

Y/N: Of course. No harm done.

You nodded to the Moose and stepped onto the train. You looked around the cart for a moment before turning left to find a cabin that was free. After the fourth or fifth door, you found an open seat.