Dragon Games

In the grand arena, the girls who had applied to be Dragon Riders stood side by side as a few students watched from the bleachers. Snow White and the Evil Queen stood proudly before their potential teams.

Maddie, Ashlynn, Apple, Poppy, Holly, Darling, Melody, Lizzie, and Ruby had all signed their names and now wore their own Dragon Rider armor.

Milton: First will be the choosing of the two teams and captains. Following that, since your dragons are not fledged, today you will merely walk your young dragons through their paces.

The small crowd cooed over the idea.

Giles: But no fear! The Evil Queen will today offer a masterclass demonstration of dragon riding.

The crowd began to cheer as the Evil Queen waved. Her popularity had risen through her seemingly telling the truth about turning over a new leaf.

Gildes pulled out a coin and the two women stood at his sides. He then flipped the coin, but no one saw the dark green magic influence it. It landed back into Gildes' hand and he looked at it.

Gildes: And Dark wins. You may choose first.

The Evil Queen smiled as she looked at her captain.

Evil Queen: I choose Apple White.

The audience and Apple gasped. Snow White looked upset, making Gildes and Milton take a step back, while Apple tried to plea herself out of the Evil Queen's team.

Apple: But no, I-I I should be on my mom's team.

But the Evil Queen was having none of it.

Evil Queen: Let me tell you a little story. When I was released from my Mirror Prison....

Apple: No!

She laughed nervously.

Apple: I mean yes, I'll be on your team. Ha ha, it's just a game, right? Let's mix it up! Your turn, mom.

Apple joined the Evil Queen where she nervously smiled.

Snow White just scanned the girls and smiled.

Snow White: I choose Darling Charming as captain of Light.

Darling cheered to herself and joined Snow White.

Milton: Captains! Choose your teams!

Team of Dark was picked to be Maddie, Ashlynn, and Melody.

Team of Light was picked to be Poppy, Holly, and Lizzie.

Ruby sat out as an alternative due to her being a year under everyone, but she was just happy to be able to be a part of the action.

Gildes: Well done, captains. Now that you've chosen your teams, it's time to...

Raven: Mom!

Everyone looked to the steps to see you and Raven apporching the stage. Darling smiled in joy.

Darling: Raven! You changed your mind!

Raven: Uh, no. Mom did you take Nevermore?

The Evil Queen just smiled.

Evil Queen: She is fine.

Raven: Mom, where is Nevermore?

Evil Queen: Mommy has taken care of everything.