Vengeance

On my way to Izzy's car I found her and Isaiah talking, which I rarely saw. When I finally got to them, it appeared their conversation died down and he said good bye. When I asked what they were talking about, she said she was giving him the address to her house. I wondered if I would finally get to connect with him. 

"Do you think Isaiah would hit on me if I began flirting with him at the party?" I blurted out in the car.

"Wha-at?" Izzy chuckled. "Don't you think you're becoming a little boy-crazy?"

"Say's the queen of boy-crazy." I shot back.

"Well, it's to be expected of me, not you."

"Jordan is always telling me to be another person at these parties, that maybe I'll enjoy them more." I rolled my eyes.

"Since when do you listen to my brother's advice? Look where that got you, B."

"I know, but out with the old and in with the new, right?"

"Now I know you've been hanging out with Jordan too much, you sound just like him. If anything, Brynn, make a fool of yourself with another college guy. If you go for a boy from school, like Isaiah, you'll regret it later."

Unsure where she was coming from, although wise to consider, I left the conversation at that. Frankly, I just wanted to kiss someone else so Aaron wasn't the last one to imprint my lips; as selfish as that sounded.

At last, the day arrived.

"I hope you have fun at the party tonight, Honey. I assume you're spending the night as well?" My mom asked.

"Yes, if that's alright with you?"

"Sure. I switched my night with the girls for today. So maybe we can do something tomorrow like watch a movie or go out to eat, just the two of us?"

"That sounds great, Mom. We can try the new Indian restaurant that just opened." I suggested.

I kept adjusting the low neck line of my yellow strapless dress. Izzy helped me pick it out and I was beginning to question the purchase. Too late now, I had it on with the makeup to match. I felt like someone else again, or maybe my future self. I straightened my hair for a different look and was ready to take a stab at this college culture one more time, as an older age group would make an appearance tonight.

Izzy wore a short hot pink skirt with a red tube top, I could visualize the lines of drooling barbarians ready to jump if she should command it. Once again, I looked like plain Jane next to her but I didn't mind, I left more to the imagination and I'm sure I'd find some guys that would appreciate that.

"Are you helping you're brother set up for the party?" I asked unknowingly.

"Please, we always hire caterers to set up for our parties. I just came back from getting a trim." She smiled shamelessly.

Questions and questions filled my aching mind, regarding Aaron, Isaiah, and my life. I wanted to be done with all this loud thinking for a while. And then I thought...

"How much alcohol is it going to take to not remember anything in the morning?"

"Oh B, we are going to have a blast tonight!" Oh no, she heard that. I think I just gave Izzy an open invitation to sabotage my liver and kidneys.

Back at their house, barely 8pm, it appeared more like a friendly get together than a block party. But 2 hours later it became just that. And so much for my partner in crime who kept disappearing and reappearing with a different guy at her feet. The more I tried to relax and fit in, the more awkward and phony I felt. I was on my 3rd red cup and decided to ditch the shoes as they hindered my astronaut walk.