Ch.1 Marion Cliffgard

One particular spring morning the young master of Cliffgard County woke up with strange memories of another world with modern conveniences. These memories clashed with his current ones until they became dominant. It didn't take long for him to come to terms with his new reality.

This soul had read plenty of stories about people waking up in another world, and so it wasn't as much of a shock when he woke up in this world. But it was very concerning that he couldn't remember the final moments of his previous life.

That worry was quickly put aside once he saw himself.

When he checked the mirror he discovered he was in the chubby body of a cowardly Marion Cliffgard. An eight year old son of a Count who was too afraid of swords and violence to even pick up a wooden sword. That made his few memories relatively unhelpful. He only knew that part of the territory had a huge scary cliff and that at the bottom of said cliff was a magic forest.

But not the good kind of magic forest... but the bad kind that was so densely packed with magic particles, or mana for short, it could cause sicknesses in those that didn't take proper precautions.

He tried to remember the names of the king, queen, heroes, family members, friends... anything that would give him a clue as to which world he had woken up in but he couldn't recall anything useful.

Was this some kind of generic fantasy world and he would just get to pick his own destiny?!

He'd be able to master magic, get a harem of pretty girls... or at least get one to like him. And he would be set up with all sorts of OP abilities.

Or so he thought.

[Outer god greets otherworlder. Welcome to Vantasi, a Wicked world of Villains and Villainesses.]

[Outer god tips his hat smugly. He is here to help you survive, and, with a bit of luck, thrive.]

"That's not good..." Marion said as he realized that he wasn't here for a blissful isekai adventure full of wonder. He was getting windows full of text appearing in front of him like something out of a game.

[Outer God expresses his delight at your cleverness.]

[Outer God introduces himself as the Cavalier Corsair, a god from the future who has come to prevent your pitiful fate caused by the cruelty of the world and its other gods.]

[Cavalier Corsair awaits your praise and devotion.]

"Does this mean no overpowered cheat abilities?" Marion moaned.

[Cavalier Corsair: not without some hard work on your part.]

"Of Course." Marion sighed. "A survival quest." He walked over to the window and opened the curtains to see the morning light shine over his territory. At the very least it was still lush and green.

Then he saw something move in the corner of his vision, and a man came to stand next to him. "WAAH!" he fell backward since he thought he was alone but when checked for the person he couldn't spot him.

[Cavalier Corsair laughs at your frightened appearance.]

[Cavalier Corsair advises that he hides in the peripheries of your vision so the other gods don't interfere too early with the game]

"Game?"

[Cavalier Corsair considers how to explain, then decides to keep things simple.]

[Cavalier Corsair begins typing]

It took a second and then more windows popped up with some decorative fringe started appearing.

[Main Story mission unlocked.]