Ch.26 Swashbuckler's Dead Run

"I gave Marion an egg by chance, I never expected Erabelle would hatch the thing so quickly. I wanted to give it to Marion, and have it hatch, and be this whole familiar deal. Erabelle completely derailed all of that when it imprinted on her." Corsair complained shamelessly as if he had never expected such a thing to happen.

"For someone to tame a Storm Kraken is even more peculiar." The Cowled Mistress bit her lip.

Corsair shrugged. "She's a cute and special kid. What do you want from me?" He held up his arms in surrender. "I'm not doing anything." he said that but when he held his arms up, he pushed the glass window open. They turned their attention to a set of eight guards coming from the opposite direction. Distracting the Cowled Mistress from the grappling hook that caught the edge of the windowsill.

"Help! Help!" Erabelle cried as she ran to the guards dressed in the Cliffgard regalia.

"What is she doing here?"

"It doesn't matter, she is the target, grab her!"

The guards then displayed very unguardlike behavior and forcibly grabbed her.

"MOMMY!" Erabelle screamed and the Storm Kraken launched itself at the fake guard's face and proceeded to claw his eyes out.

The fake guard dropped Erabelle and the others tried to swat it away as it let out an ungodly screech and tried to bite out chunks of the man's face. The Female guard looked on in horror as she could do nothing about it. They were too far away, and the storm kraken couldn't do more than delay and harass the fake guards. She shouted at them and struggled to get to her feet.

When all hope seemed lost, a shadow darted from the window next to Corsair.

The black clad intruder pressed a button on a handle unleashing a shortsword and she dove into the mess of fake guards knocking over a couple in a show of acrobatics and then placed herself between them and Erabelle.

"What is going on? This wasn't supposed to happen like this." The Cowled Mistress bit her finger.

"Well, now that the stage is set, time to call in backup." Corsair smirked as he used his cellphone type artifact to type out a message.

[-Emergency Quest-

-Save the masked girl protecting Erabelle from kidnappers-

-Reward: new spell-]

*

Marion burst onto the scene, surprising everyone except Corsair who was confident in Marion's speed.

"Why is he here? Corsair!" The Cowled Mistress was once again indignant.

"We can talk to our champions, that's not breaking any rules and how we do it is up to us to remember?" Corsair laughed.

Marion's blood boiled at the scene of his sister crying while some girl in black was between her and a set of what looked like Cliffgard guards.

"Young master! Those are imposters trying to kidnap the young miss!" a distant but familiar guard shouted from down the hall while she held her leg and tried to prop herself against the wall.

Marion saw red and his blood boiled.

He didn't have his gun, so he instinctively grabbed the hand of his cutlass.

This time its handle felt hot and eager.

[Affinity with cursed cutlass increased.]

[Unlocking sword style: Swashbuckler's Dead Run.]