Ch.27 Corsair's Schooling

The family shared a moment as the Cowled Mistress shook with anger.

"Oh man, that was a close one, who knew a baby storm kraken could eat a full-grown man's face in one sitting." Corsair said to the Cowled Mistress. "And that sword fight, that was something else. Definitely worth the time."

"Keep your vulgar mockeries to yourself. I will see this affront avenged." She declared.

"Don't look at me, I never interfered, it was the competing Maiden that got in the way. She stalled long enough for Marion to show up and wipe the floor with... were those others your men too? Either way, it seems that you have a traitor in your midst. Or maybe everyone isn't on the same page as you thought. Maybe you should get your own house in order before you try to play in mine." Corsair caught a strand of golden hair peeking out of the Mistress's cowl and flirtatiously played with it.

The Cowled Mistress flushed red as she slapped his hand and stormed off. She disappeared in a puff of smoke as if she were stepping into a wall of fog. Now that, the witnesses were gone, and he noticed the grappling hook jiggle from the owner trying to dislodge it.

"Since you helped me out, I'll give you this one." Corsair snapped his finger and the hook hopped up enough to be retrieved by the maiden before anyone could see it. "What a fun day this has been." The Corsair was all smiles thanks to being about to put one over on one of the stupid gods. Probably three of them considering the four-party war that had just happened with his party in the middle of them. He pulled out his compass again and watched the 'heroic traitor' maiden retreat to the great hall.

He closed the window with a clack and strolled over to Marion and hid in his peripheral again. He then considered which magic to give Marion as a reward.

The laws and magics of this world were the most basic of basic only scratching the surface of what magic was capable of. Things like fire, water, earth, air making up the fundamentals with branches like ice, lava, gravity, healing, light, and shadow magic making up the advanced magic was elementary school stuff for Corsair. He studied at a prestigious otherworlder school that hosted otherworlders from all sorts of dimensions.

The school had many prestigious graduates whose names couldn't even be pronounced or imagined. Demi-gods, Local gods, Constellations, ancient gods, and outer gods were the levels of graduation at such a school from lowest to highest. Which all depended on more prerequisites than any modern-day bureaucracy couldn't even fathom. It was since schooling could take anywhere from years to centuries due to the immortal nature of the majority of the student body and professors.

Corsair graduated as a Spite-fueled Outer God of Piracy. This was all due to his 'too angry to die' immortality concept due to a betrayal on his home planet and a need for vengeance. Since this school sat outside of time and logic, he aced all his classes, went back in time to right after he was betrayed and spent the rest of his betrayer's life cycle torturing him in every conceivable way.

Since then, he had mellowed out considerably over the last millennia and had settled in as a pirate as one who world-jumped and stole things and a self-proclaimed collector as a hobby.

Among all the magics and skills he learned Corsair was most proficient in four high conceptual magics. Conceptual, perception, superstition, and Paradigm shifting mechanics.

Conceptual: if it can be imagined, it can be real with magic.

Perception: If it can be seen, it can be made manifest with magic.

Superstition: if it is believed in, it can be real with magic.

And most importantly...

Paradigm Shifting Mechanics: if it can be one way, it can be another way.