Ch.28 Traitor's Escape

The traitor of the gods thanked the handsome "Captain" for the romantic sword dance and exited through the window.

Who would have thought he was so capable at such a young age? She thought to herself with a smirk on her face.

After she had jumped out the window and retrieved her grappling hook, and she snuck through the garden and back in the side room she had stashed her dress in.

She shut the window quietly and closed the curtains swiftly as she heard the guards run around outside. She held her breath until they were gone and then gasped for air and giggled as she tore off her mask and undid her hood.

Undoubtedly, she was a beauty underneath her disguise which was part of the reason she had to hide her face. Even her hair was an identifiable color and so she paid extra attention to hiding her eyebrows.

She had stashed her skirts behind a sofa press against the wall. She quickly changed her clothes back into a dress which wasn't too hard due to the intentional clip-on nature of the dress.

She pulled out a pocket mirror and tried to fix her hair by pinning in a decorative hair extension piece.

"You took too big of a risk. You didn't need to drag out a fight with him." Said a beautiful woman in the background of the mirror. The woman hiding in the reflection was a full-bodied woman with long luscious locks. Her dress did little to hide her features and everything to show off her curves and tease the imagination.

"But I spoiled the plans of the Cowled Mistress and the Crowned Conqueror, so it worked out, didn't it?" The traitor winked with a smile as she straightened the hair piece and started pinning on her earrings.

"That is true, it was fruitful. This is what those jerks get for mocking me." The woman inspected her nails and then in the reflection she started picking at and fixing the Traitor's hair. And with a wave of her hand fixed traitor's makeup and whisked away what sweat needed to be wiped away. "And what did you think of young Marion, the Corsair's Champion?"

"He was very cute now that I got a good look at him. His swordsmanship was interesting but his sword dance... was quite handsome." The traitor said barely hiding a blush as she set the mirror down on the top of the sofa and straightened her dress while hiding her stealth outfit in the inside pockets of the skirts. "I don't know if I can tolerate the fact that he stole my first kiss. And the nightmares that I've been getting since, don't help his case either." she grunted as she tied one of the knots to keep the pockets closed.

"The Corsair is quite the troublesome enemy in more than one way. Were you able to confirm our suspicions?" The woman asked.

"Yes, everything matches up. The secret paths, the guard routes, the floor plan. Those Nightmares must be memories of my past life. All the regrets, all the battles, and lingering plots." The Traitor grit her teeth. "The death I experienced. All for and because of him..." She looked at the mirror. "... but he is too sloppy, he is nothing like the dreams of him as the Infamous Sky Pirate, so I don't think Corsair has given him his memories back."

"That is good. It would make it infinitely harder if he had thanks to all the things the other girls did to him." The woman finished tidying the traitor's appearance so that she looked no different from when she stepped away from the party. "But there is no point in telling the others any of this information, since we don't know what the Corsair's next move will be. Do you think you will fall in love with him again?"

Traitor closed the hand mirror, and the woman hid in the reflection of the traitor's earrings so she could still speak with her. Traitor swiftly made her way to the door and paused when she gripped the handle.

"He stole my heart in my last life, and my first kiss in this life. I don't know about falling in love with him, but don't you think it is time to even the score a little?" The Traitor grinned wickedly and then returned to the party as if she had never left.

*

[Golden Merchant] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[Foxy Maiden] Golden, get yourself under control, some of us are trying to enjoy the wine while the humans gossip.

[Golden Merchant] Oh Fox, you can't tell me you don't know?

[Foxy Maiden] Just because I like being nosy doesn't mean I'm omniscient, Goldy. Did you figure out if they are going to sell any dragon scales or elven water yet?

[Golden Merchant] Even better than that.

[Foxy Maiden] What is better than money? Get to the point or stop bothering me.

[Golden Merchant] What if I told you both the Crowned Emperor and the Cowled Mistress were just humiliated.

[Foxy Maiden] Ho ho, now you have my attention.

[Youthful Chef] If you are spilling tea, then you now have my attention as well.

[Golden Merchant] As always you didn't hear this from me, but they both planned to kidnap the Cliffgard youngest.

[Foxy Maiden] How bold, totally their brutish style. Maybe I've been too eager to step away from this game after losing.

[Youthful Chef] So what happened?

[Golden Merchant] They were both foiled by an incredible series of unlucky events! Hahaha. Talk about a bad gamble gone wrong! HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

[Golden Merchant] The Cowled mistress even went there personally to make sure it went off without a hitch, but her hands were tied because Corsair showed up.

[Foxy Maiden] Oh my. How shameful. If it were me, I would have taken time to account for all the variables and then struck after removing them. At a party like this, it is much better to gather information and leave no trace.

[Dutiful Swordsman] That's some big talk coming from someone who lost because of such a passive strategy.

[Foxy Maiden] Hmph, at least I was preparing a strategy. What are you doing? Is your Maiden even here?

[Youthful chef] Here we go... let them bicker on their own time. Storytime Goldy, what happened?

.

.

.

[Youthful chef] That is hilarious! Hahahahahhaa. A dragon and a Storm Kraken. The Cliffgards are far more interesting than I ever gave them credit for.

[Foxy Maiden] to think there is a maiden traitor. I guess there are some maidens who don't obey their sponsors. Isn't that right, Swordsman? Do you even know where your maiden is?

[Dutiful Swordsman] Don't pin this on me when yours isn't even in the running anymore. Weren't you overly "hands on" so everything went perfectly? How did that turn out?

[Youthful Chef] Will you two shut up! Look! Something interesting is happening.

[Dutiful Swordsman] Oh no, why is he here?

*

A/N

Ahoy,

I just wanted to leave this note since I haven't been as chatty in this Book. I want to thank you all for reading this far and allowing me to tell more stories. I've been really enjoying this little adventure and I hope that you stick around. Please check out my other works and subscribe to my Patreon if you have it in you. I know times are tough so don't feel pressured.

It has been an honor to be with you all and I hope to share many more stories to come. This isn't the end of this story just a thank you for sticking it out with me, both new readers and old scallywags. 

And whether this is you first or your hundredth time hearing this...

...May the winds of fortune ever fill your sails,

-The Captain