CHAPTER 2

No one's POV

Noah was working in the library, as usual. He loves books, it always helps to calm his nerves. And his co-workers made sure that he didn't have to talk to the customers. Another reason why he works there.

He got this job thanks to Lilith, a kind lady, who used to be their neighbor. Even though his brother, Oliver didn't like the idea of Noah working, Noah insisted that he would work. As he didn't want to be a burden to Oliver.

Noah was placing the some books in the self, when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He froze and slowly turned around. It as a guy. Noah tried his best not to panic.

"Hey cutie, I am Steve. I have seen you around a lot. Are you free tonight? I would really love to know about yo --"

Before he could finish his sentence, Noah ran. Like he always did, whenever he was scared or feeling unsafe, he ran to his safe place. It was a small place, on the top of the hill.

Noah discovered it when he and his dad went to the hills and his dad left him to die alone. 12 year old Noah didn't know what to do. So he just wandered alone crying and hoping someone would find him.

He stumbled upon a small place under a tree behind the bushes, hiding from everything. He sat there for 2 hours until his brother made it there to save him.

He believes that his safe place can protect him. Someone will find him there to protect him.

As Noah reached there, he was panting hard. He was trying to control his breathing as well his tears. He couldn't hear what that guy was saying back there, he could only hear his father's voice. He could still hear him. Noah sat down leaning on the tree, he covered his years with his hands.

"It is not true, it is not real, he is not here." He chanted over and over in his mind. He wanted to stop the voices, but he didn't knew how without his brother. Usually he would call his brother on occasions like this, because Oliver was his savior, his light in darkness.

But he didn't want to call him now, not this time. He wanted to fight his demons himself. But his inner battle was coming to an end as he reached for his phone.

But his battle ended when he heard a gunshot, followed by other and a scream. 

//What do you think?//