CHAPTER 9

Leo's POV

I was rethinking my decision to go in. I just wanted to go back to my car, where Xavier is waiting for me. I know I probably sound dramatic, but believe me when I say I am dreadful.

I took a deep breath and stepped inside, I looked around. There weren't many people there, I began to look for him. I walked past two guys making out, causing me to blush a little. Who knew the soon to be mafia king could blush like this. I just turned around and kept looking for him.

I thought maybe he didn't came today. For one last time I looked around and I saw a shadow of a person sitting under the staircase with a book in hand. I went near there.

And there he was, I could only come up with only one word after seeing him, Angelic. He was sitting on the floor. He had a soft smile on his lips and looked peaceful, his brown hair softly resting before his eyes. He was quite thin and I want nothing more than to spoil him.

He was so pale, that just made me want to mark every inch of his body. At this thought I released my breath, that I didn't know I was even holding.

I took a step towards him, causing me to trip on a book on the floor. I fell on my butt with a thud. It caught his attention. He looked up at me. He tilted his head in a adorable manner. He looked just like a confused kitten.

A look of recognition crossed his face and he became to panic. His breathing starting to get fast. I scooted closer to him. I kneeled in front of him but made sure we still have some distance.

"Hey, hey, no need to panic. I am not here to hurt you." I said trying to calm him down.

"You are safe baby." I continued. His breathing started to get normal. I sighed in relieved. He looked like he was scared. But my senses were screaming it was not because of me.

I slowly raised my hand to touch him. He eyed my hand warily. He jerked his hand back before I could touch him.

"I- I know this is hard to believe, since we only just met. But trust me when I say, I will never hurt you. Never. Ever." I said and sat back on my heels, placing my hands on my thighs.

"I.. I just wanted to thank you for saving my life. So yeah, thank you." I said smiling softly at him. I stared at him for some time of response. He seemed to get what I was saying. He nodded slowly after sometime.

I took his phone from my back pocket and placed it between us. He eyed my every action with caution. 

"My brother found it in the hill. Is it yours?" I asked even though I knew the answer. He nodded again, this time he didn't take much time to answer. He slowly raised his hand and took the phone off the ground.

"Well, I think thats all for now. See you around. And my name is Leo by the way." I told him and stood up to leave. I felt a tug at my pants. I looked down to see Noah tugging at it.

I returned to my position earlier and asked him whats wrong. He just searched for something in his bag beside him. He took out a notepad and a pen. I stated to write something and gave it to me.

"Thank you"

--------------------------------------

I was smiling like a Cheshire cat the whole time I walked back to my car.

"I thought you wouldn't even go in and run back to the car, from how long you took to go in." Xavier teased. I smacked the back of his head.

Asshole, I muttered under my breath. Ofcourse he saw me.

"So what happened?" He asked curiously.

"I am not telling you."

"You will, eventually"

The entire car ride was silent. I was thinking about Noah the whole time. How he gave me a small timid smile at the end. How I thought I was going to die from how fast my heart was beating.

Then it suddenly hit me.

I called him 'baby'