Back to Enemies

Sophia's POV

My feet bounced up and down under the table as I looked everywhere but his eyes. I could feel Hunter's eyes boring holes into my skull.

I couldn't look into his eyes because all I could feel was hurt, betrayal, and worse all, the realization that this was actually happening.

"Okay, now that you've both signed, it's safe to say that you guys are not divorced but now legally separated." Nathan, Hunter's lawyer, said before turning to Moya with a smirk. "Any questions?"

I watched as her jaw clenched before she faked a smile at him. "Nope, I think my client and I all good here Mr. McCall."

Hunter looked at his watch before standing up and walking towards the door before Nathan subsequently followed.

I felt something drop in my chest as if it were indicating that this was my last straw. I couldn't take it anymore, I jumped up. Moya pulled my hand to stop me but I just shrugged her away.

"That's it?" I shouted as he continued walking. "After all these years, you're just dropping me without any kind of explanation!?"

He continued to walk as if he couldn't hear me. I felt a tear fall from my eye and felt nothing but anger on the inside. "I hate you!"

He halted. I watched his fingers slowly curl into a ball and his ears lifted a bit- indicating that his jaw was clenched. I had never said that to him before. Even when we were enemies and he always told me how much he hated me, I never did. I never got to such a low point to say that to him. Regret started to rush on me but I quickly threw it off. I meant it.

I hate Hunter Lodge.

"Don't be late for the meeting," he said calmly with his back still turned to me before walking off.

I cried-and I mean like really cried. I fell to the ground and made sure every last teardrop came out. Moya sat next to me the whole time rubbing my back.

When I started to catch myself, I pulled a tissue out of the box Moya was holding. I've really become dependent on her over the last 4 years and a lot has changed. I gave her the best smile I could. I know it wasn't convincing but it was the best I could do at the moment. "Thank you."

She frowned. "Sophia, I wish I could've done more."

"Are you kidding me? You did great!"

Moya graduated from law school four months ago and I am her first case. She said she didn't want to 'mess up' but I refused to listen to her.

My phone dinged so I checked it. It was a notification from Jannette.

Meeting...now!

I stood up and wiped my tears one last time. "How do I look?"

Moya examined my face for a bit. "Like your puppy just died but like in a hot way."

I rolled my eyes before turning to leave but Moya stopped me.

To my surprise, she gave me the biggest hug one could've ever imagined having. After we finished I asked, "What was this for?"

She smiled. "You did good today too, Soph."

I knew if I stayed a second longer I would start crying again so I gave her a small smile and rushed to the conference room.

As I walked into the conference room, my emotionless face was back on. I could feel all eyes move from the presenter to me. I was only 10 minutes late, come on!

I kept on walking until I reached my seat -right next to Hunter. He handed me the agenda while giving me a disapproved look. I grabbed it and ignored him for the rest of the meeting.

...

"Mommy...mommy...mommy!" Blaze shouted as he shook me. He's four years old now and more annoying than ever.

"Do you want the Lighting McQueen or the Mickey Mouse pajamas?" I asked him for the fourth time. I was honestly starting to get upset.

"Why do we have to stay here? I want to go back home!" he whined.

I sighed. "Blaze, we talked about this already. Mommy and daddy are taking some space from each other so mommy has to stay here."

"But why?"

I held up the two pajamas again, "Lighting McQueen or Mickey Mouse?"

I didn't answer him because I didn't have an answer for him. Hunter and I never really discussed this whole situation and I don't even know what was happening myself. We were now in the old mansion I was living in before I got married to Hunter.

Today we got legally separated -not divorced. I was still his wife because after all, we did get married for business. I tried talking to Hunter to at least get some sort of reason but he ignored me. The worst part of this all is that I didn't even know what I did to deserve me.

Us not talking about it doesn't help Blaze. The last thing I want is for him to be confused, which he already is.

I smiled. "Tell you what, if you pick something to wear tonight, mommy will take you to her office."

His eyes widened and his frown immediately turned upside down. "Really?"

I nodded and he quickly grabbed the Lighting McQueen one and started putting it on. Something about my office always excites him and whenever he's excited, I'm excited.

I scooped his little, light body into my arms and ran to my bed. I could hear his soft giggles as I tickled him. When we settled down, he wrapped his arm around my stomach and brought his head to my chest so that we were cuddling.

"Good night, mommy."

"Good night, Blaze."

"And good night daddy...wherever you are."

My heart broke again then and there. Hunter was a tough person to crack. Whenever he shuts down the chances of him opening up again get smaller.

I closed my eyes and then sighed.

I guess we're back to enemies.

AN: Hey guys! Thank you for choosing to read the final part of the sequel Love & Business. As usual, please vote it would mean a lot to me.

Happy reading!!!