Beauty

Sophia's POV

"I miss you."

He turned to me looking shocked. "Excuse me?"

How could I have said that so easily? I needed to improvise a little.

"Uh, it's um, a slang that people use a lot these days. It's like saying I am having a blast but instead you say I miss you. You say it when you're having a euphoric moment with someone."

He slowly nodded. "I see..."

I scratched my head. "It's an overuse slang so just forget that I said it."

I started to laugh awkwardly to fill the silence that was all over the kitchen.

He turned back to me with a smirk while drying his hands. "You're still weird as ever I see."

I dried my hands too. "I'm not weird! I was never weird in the first place!"

He walked out of the kitchen and then started walking up the stairs so I just followed along.

"Whatever you say, Sophia."

We walked into Blaze's room where he was half asleep watching TV.

"Looks like somebody is sleeping in their bed tonight," I said.

He immediately jumped up. "No!"

"Mommy is going to leave now so you can sleep. Daddy will read you a bedtime story tonight, okay?"

"No!" He shouted.

I looked at him confused. "Why not?"

"You have to sleep in the same bed as daddy tonight!"

Both Hunter and I looked at him shocked.

"In case I-I get a nightmare."

Relief filled me as I breathed out. I almost thought he was trying to set us up.

"One parent is fine, Blaze. Goodnight," I said before kissing him on the forehead.

When I turned away to walk out, he started crying. I halted.

"Blaze, whatever you're doing, stop!" Hunter shouted.

...

I finally sat up after tossing and turning for the past ten minutes.

"You wanna watch a movie?"

A long silence passed before he answered, "just go to bed Sophia. I don't want to interact with you."

Blaze had somehow convinced us that I needed to stay in case he gets a nightmare that only I can save him from. I'm not sure how that works but I stayed.

I sighed, "you're so moody."

He was talking to me and got a hard-on two hours ago and now he doesn't want to interact with me?

His back has been turned ever since I came in and he always answered me with one-word answers.

"We can watch The Maze Runner."

He slowly turned to face me. "Just one movie."

A smile came to my face. I always get him with The Maze Runner.

I was about to get up for popcorn but then remembered what I was wearing.

I wore a tiny, white cropped vest with pink booty shorts. Those were the only sleepwear I could salvage from what I didn't take with me.

"Turn around."

He looked at me confused. "Why?"

I looked down in shame. There was no way I was going to let him see me in this even though we'd been married for years.