CEO-Mega-Conference!

Sophia's POV

Hunter and I sat alone in the meeting room. None of us said a word to each other. We just stayed on our phones.

Jude and Jack asked us to meet them here but they were nowhere to be found.

A few minutes passed before they walked in.

"Wow, you guys are here early," Jack said.

"Dude, you told us to come here for 9 and it's now 10," Hunter stated.

"Oh, I did?" Jack asked as he looked at his phone. He laughed. "I guess I did."

Hunter immediately grabbed him by the collar. "Is this some sort of prank?"

Jack tapped Hunter's hand as he gasped for air. "Let go, Fratello."

Hunter rolled his eyes before letting him go. "This better be good because you've just wasted an hour of my time."

"Trust me, baby, it is."

He winked at Hunter before going to the front with Jude trailing behind.

"Sophia, how is it going?" He asked as he kissed me on the cheek.

"Get it over with, Jack."

He raised his hands in surrender. "Jeez, why are you CEOs so grumpy in the morning?"

He stretched out his hand and Jude passed him a paper.

"Three words. CEO-Mega-Conference!"

Both Hunter and I let out an annoyed groan at the same time.

"Is this why you made us wait so long?" I asked as I stood up to leave.

"What is wrong with the two of you? It's a week-long trip to Europe!"

Hunter stood up as well before walking to the door. "Not going."

"Well, then who is going to go?"

"Find an employee or you can go. I really don't care."

"Forget it, Jack," I said as I started walking to the door.

"If you guys don't go, I'll call your fathers!"

Both Hunter and I immediately turned around.

"Jack stop playing around. It's not funny," Hunter demanded but Jack smiled.

"Did you forget I still have Mr. Lodge's number on speed dial?"

"You wouldn't."

Jack took out his phone and showed him Mr. Lodge's number. His face paled.

Jack tilted his head to me.

"Don't worry Sophia, Jannette made sure to send Jude Mr. Bass' number."

When Jack saw that we weren't objecting anymore, he smiled.

"Make sure you check your emails tonight. Your flight details will be in there. Pleasure doing business with you two," he said before marching out with Jude.

I looked up at Hunter and saw that he was not reacting well to what just happened.

His hands were clenched into fists and it could be easily seen that he was trying to slow down his breathing.

He was still triggered by the mention of his father's name.

I walked up to him but he glared at me before storming out.

...

Hunter's POV

I sat down watching Blaze cry in Sophia's arms.