Surprise!

Sophia's POV

I stood in the mirror fixing my makeup.

"Mommy, why do you look so nice?" Blaze asked.

"I always look nice kiddo," I said as I put on my crimson coloured lipstick.

He raised his eyebrow.

"Wait, doesn't mommy always look nice Blaze?"

His eyes widened.

"I-I think Malynda is calling me!" He shouted before running out of the bathroom.

I laughed. He was such a sweet boy. Yesterday, he didn't care that much that I didn't come home. Nevertheless, I still apologized to him multiple times.

I made lust take me over and it'll never happen again.

Yesterday was just a slip up. A lot of couples have rebound sex.

We were at Mason and Lynda's to celebrate Mason's birthday. It was a surprise since he'd been on a business trip for the whole week.

As soon as I heard Hunter had arrived, I ran up to the bathroom. We haven't seen nor spoken to anyone ever since.

I was eager to see him but still terrified that he might change his mind.

There was a knock on the door before Lynda's voice followed.

"Sophia, you've been in there a while. Are you okay?"

I opened the door before walking out. "I'm fine."

She smiled before pulling me to the kitchen.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Hunter leaning over the counter while tapping on the screen of his phone.

He looked up, then looked down before looking back up again.

I could see him fighting a smile.

Lynda sighed. "I know this is a lot but I need all hands on deck. Mason's flight is coming in earlier than expected and I need you two to help decorate the kitchen."

We both looked at her before she started crying.

"I have to go to the store and buy other things and Jack and Kennedy haven't even brought the cake as yet. Please, guys!"

"We'll do it! We'll do it!" I quickly said to calm her down.

"You're an idiot if you think pairing those two is a good idea," Sabrina said as she walked in.

"I say it's a good idea. I don't mind watching drama," Zachary teased.

Lynda turned to us. "Can you guys please just work together? At least for Mason's sake," she begged.

"Lynda, we're adults; I think we can work together without tearing each's heads off," I said.

"Fine," she agreed hesitantly before leaving.

When the others left as well, we got started.

When I handed him the scissors to cut the string he held my hand for a little more than he was supposed to before taking the scissors from me.

"You didn't call," I mustered up the courage to say.

He smiled. "Well, you didn't either," he said as he taped a white balloon to the wall.

"Don't you think we should talk about what happened?" I asked as I followed him.

"Talk about what?"

I instantly felt anguish that I said something. Maybe he had forgotten or worse, he regretted everything and came back to his senses.