The Fallen Moisturizer

Sophia's POV

After taking a deep breath, I rang the doorbell of Hunter's mansion. The door was opened by one of the maids in less than no time.

"Good evening, Madam. Are you returning home?"

I shook my head. "Nope, I am here for my son. Where is he?"

She looked a bit disappointed but still gave a polite smile. "I see. Please follow me, Madam."

I nodded my head and followed her until we reached somewhere I wished never to be again; our room or should I say Hunter's room.

The door was a little bit open and you could see Hunter looking in a storybook with Blaze laying down in his arms, watching as his father turned the pages.

"Dad, what does that word mean?" Blaze's voice softly asked.

"Cookie?" Hunter asked and Blaze nodded. "Well, it's something that you eat; like what I bought for you today."

"Oh really? Mommy calls them 'scorks'."

No, I don't.

Hunter threw back his head as he laughed. "Does she now?"

"Uh-huh." Blaze said as he bounced his head up and down.

At that moment, the maid decided to knock and then fully open the door. "Sirs, your Madam is here."

As soon as Blaze saw me, he quickly jumped up and ran to me. "Mommy!"

I smiled as he jumped up on me. "Looks like someone missed me."

He nodded with excitement as I put him down. "Go get your stuff so we can go home."

All that excitement that was on his face quickly disappeared as he heard my last statement.

"What, why? I want to stay here. This is our home!"

I quickly looked up to Hunter to see what to say but he was just as answerless as I was. Within seconds he started crying. I felt terrible but there was only so much that I could do. "Please stay, mommy."

Before I could say anything, Hunter jumped. "Don't worry, mommy is gonna stay." He turned to me, "Right mommy?"

I turned to him, looking very confused. I can't stay here. Wait, did he just call me mommy?

I know what he's doing. He's trying to make me look like a mean parent. Not today he won't! I smiled then turned to Blaze. "Yes, mommy will stay."

Blaze immediately stopped crying. "Really?"

A devious smirk came on my face before I turned back to Hunter. "Yes, if your daddy doesn't have a problem with it."

Hunter's face was priceless. His jaws were clenched and it looked like he wanted to explode. He discreetly stuck his middle finger to me at his side before sighing. "Whatever."

Excitement popped up on Blaze's face once more as he started running out of the room. "I am going to get my PJs."

Then there were two.

Silence filled the room as the usual awkward tension that always occurred whenever Hunter and I were alone came back.

Hunter was staring at me like how a vulture eyes its prey. Then he came in for his prey, slowly walking towards me.

Each step he took forward, I took backward. I wanted to stay as far away as possible from his man.

As he approached closer,  I could start to smell his cologne; it was faint considering it was the end but he still smelt great. I stepped back one more time before my back hit the wall with my butt pressed against it. He smirked as he watched my body pressed against the wall.