I Don't Deserve You

Sophia's POV

[MUSIC STARTS]

One week later...

"Two rooms," Hunter ordered the hotel receptionist while he rubbed his forehead.

We flew out to one of the branches to do our annual check, which was tomorrow, so we needed a place to stay tonight.

"Is someone else joining you?" The nosey receptionist asked. "I know you two will only be needing one room."

Is it wrong for a married couple to book separate rooms?

I saw Hunter's jaw clench, "forget it. We'll take the room."

He was angry at me and I was angry at him.

She nodded before starting to walk. "Right this way Sir and Ma'am."

I walked up to be at the same pace as Hunter. We hadn't talked since the last time we saw each other. I felt pretty guilty.

"Hunter-"

He started to look down at me but the receptionist interrupted.

"I've got you guys the presidential suite. I hope you enjoy it!" She exclaimed as she held the door open for us.

I've always stayed in presidential suites but this one was just wow.

It was so big that it could pass for a condo. The room was designed to look homey with its white and blue colour theme. I might actually redecorate my house to look like this.

After the receptionist left, I headed to the bathroom to take a long, hot shower. I had a whole concert in there before I finally came out in my pajamas.

When I walked into the bedroom, Hunter was sitting on the bed with his laptop. We hadn't said a word to each other since we came in here.

When he saw me, he got up.

"I can sleep on the couch if you want."

I facepalmed myself.

"Are you serious? Stay."

He nodded before going back to his side of the bed.

I decided to bring my laptop to the bed with me. It's been two days since I've checked my emails.

We both worked in silence before I decided to say something. I couldn't manage it anymore.

The tension between us was too much.

"Moya and Nate are dating now."

He immediately stopped typing and turned to me with a raised eyebrow. He then burst out in laughter and I did too.

After we quieted down, we went back to work.

"Jack adopted a cat to impress Sabrina," he blurted out.

I immediately started to laugh. What makes it even funnier is that Sabrina told me she was allergic to cats.

We both sat on the bed laughing till our stomachs started hurting. We use to do this every night when we were together.

We finally managed to calm ourselves down.

"I lied," I admitted.

He turned to me still smiling. "What?"

"I'm not dating anyone. I never was."

His smile faded. "Sophia, you don't have to explain yourself to me. I'm the one who broke up with you."

He had no idea the things I would do to hear him call me 'Soph' again.

"I'm sorry about everything. I shouldn't have been so hard on you the other day. You were only doing what you knew best and I..." I trailed off when I realized I was starting to cry.