Cliche

Sophia's POV

Walking out of the elevator, I went straight to Hunter's office.

I'd manage to drop Blaze to his nanny's, go home and get ready and still reach work in time.

He immediately looked up to see who it was.

"Sophia, what are you doing here? Did we have a meeting?" He asked while looking through his planner.

"No, but if you're not busy, I think I have something you might want to see."

He got up and motioned for me to come to the sofa so I did.

"Look," I said while showing him a document. "You authorized this employee to use this sum of money and they lost it all."

He took a closer look at it before widening his eyes. It was over three million.

"What? There's no way I did this. Is there a date?"

"Mmm, let's see," I said as I turned the pages. "Found it!"

I looked closer at the date before freezing.

"June 17."

The day he broke up with me.

He scoffed before taking the paper from me. "No, it's not."

Guilt flooded his face as we sat there watching the date.

"You don't just lend out money to random employees, Hunter. We need to find the employee and find out what happened."

I turned to him. "By any chance, does this have to do with our-"

"Don't go there, Sophia."

"Hunter, realistically speaking-"

"Fine! Maybe I got distracted that day because of our personal lives and messed up a bit. That still doesn't solve how we are going to fix it. The money is already lost."

He sighed. "Look, I'm sorry. I should've looked through it more thoroughly."

"You shouldn't have been looking through anything at all that day! You asked me for a divorce and just carried on with your day as if nothing happened? Did I mean that little to you?"

"Of course not but I needed a distraction!"

I threw the folder at him. "You know what, fix it on your own!"

I started to walk off but he pulled me back. "I can't do that, I need you, Sophia!"

"Oh yeah? Well, you didn't need me the day you decided to break up with me."

He finally let go of me.

"You acting like this making me hate you even more, Sophia."

I walked up closer to him, making sure that the large gap between us was closed.

"Oh yeah? Well, I hate you even more."

We were so close to each other that we could hear and feel each other's breathing.

We were both angrily glaring at each other, not daring to be the first to look away.

I was scared that he'd look away first.

I swallowed hard as I saw his eyes briefly move from my eyes to my lips.

He started moving in on the very limited space that was already between us. I had no other choice but to start moving backward.

Who knows what he'll do to me.

We walked until my back hit the wall. Our eyes were still locked in on each other.