Lynda's Dinner

Sophia's POV

I slowly got up as my headache worsened. I turned to my side and Moya was fast asleep next to me on the ground.

Last night, I drank three full bottles. Now I have to face the consequences of my action.

I felt a punch on my arm and then looked to see Blaze next to me.

"Yes, Blaze?" I asked as I went back to lay down.

"It's time to go to aunty Lynda's."

I pushed out my hand to shoo him away, "Go back to bed Hunny, it's not until 4 pm."

"It's 4:30 pm, mommy."

My eyes widened as I jumped up to look at the clock on the wall. He was right.

Wait, when did Blaze learn to tell time?

I cursed under my breath, "come, we have to get you ready first."

"Nanny Sheldon already helped me."

He was so responsible. I immediately kissed him.

"Go wake up, Moya!" I shouted as I ran upstairs to get ready.

I took a quick shower before doing my makeup. Lynda told me to wear sometime 'hot'.

I don't understand why. It's just going to me Lynda, Mason, their kids, and us eating food.

Black dresses were always my go-to dresses so I just picked up one and threw it on.

I heard Blaze tell me to hurry up at least six times at the last minute. He was seriously getting on my nerves.

I didn't even take any painkillers as yet. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror before walking downstairs.

My eyes immediately dropped to Blaze. His straight, jet-black hair was now neatly combed as he wore a button-up shirt with dress pants.

At that moment, the only thing I could see was Hunter. He was the spitting image of him.

"Mommy...are you okay?" Blaze asked.

"Yes, you don't look too good, Soph. You look like you've seen a ghost."

"She doesn't like my hair. I told you she wouldn't!" He shouted at Moya.

I shook my head, reassuring him that this was not the case, "No, I love it. Something just came to my mind."

Moya knew exactly what the 'something' was because she gave me a stern look.

I stretched out my hand, "come on Blaze, we don't want to keep Mason and Lynda waiting."

We reached there in less than 30 minutes.

I rang the doorbell and waited for an answer. The door opened almost immediately.

"Sophia, Blaze!" She exclaimed as she hugged us both.

I covered my ears from her loud voice.

"What's wrong?"

'Hangover' I mouthed to her. She immediately nodded, showing she understood.

I pushed past her and when inside to come out of the sun.

"Sophia, wait-"

She was too slow. I had already seen it. The whole friend group sat in the dining room watching me.

"Sophia, I meant to tell you but-"

"But what?" I shouted.

I managed to calm down before stooping down to Blaze. "Go and play with the others."