Revelation 31

Sophia's POV

"What do you mean you want to break up? Is today April Fools or what?" I laughed.

He sighed. "Sophia, don't make it any harder than it already is."

I stopped laughing. "Wait, are you serious?"

He looked off again.

My stomach began to hurt as I realize he was being serious.

"Hunt!" I looked around as tears began to form in my eyes. "Where are the cameras? Tell them to come out right now! I know this is some silly reality show making you play a prank on me."

"Don't call me Hunt anymore and I won't Soph," he said before turning to walk out.

I got weak and lost my balance before pulling on my knees. His back still kept turning to me. He couldn't even look me in the eye while being so cruel!

"Also, pack your things. I want you out by tonight."

...

I played this painful memory in my mind hundreds of times since that day. None of it made sense.

"Mrs. Lodge?"

I looked up to see the team for project Cobra looking at me. "Hmm?"

"What should we do in response to the negative feedback?"

"Oh, um, just take down the advertisement and have the PRO talk to the press," I said before standing. "If you'll excuse me, I have another meeting to get to."

They all stood up as I left. I walked straight into the conference room where the board meeting had already commenced.

Hunter was presenting in front but stopped talking when he saw me enter.

He just watched me. It wasn't glare but it wasn't an oh-I'm-so-happy-to-see-you look either.

The board members stood up to acknowledge my presence before I quickly motioned for them to sit down.

Now Hunter was even more pissed at me. I know how annoying it is when you're trying to present and someone disrupts you. I quickly took a seat so that I didn't take up any more time.

He sighed. "As I was saying, it's time to adjust our branding a bit in respect to the changing society. An email will be sent via my secretary to each of you with different approaches we can use. We will have a vote at the next meeting. You are all dismissed."

He started to pack up and everyone started to leave.

When everyone finally vacated, I walked up to him.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"I'm sorry about yesterday."

He shook his head. "It's fine."

"No, it's not. I want you to know that I would never call your dad. I didn't even know he was coming. I know how much pain he caused you and I would never want to bring that up again."

He rests his hands on my shoulders. "Relax Sophia, I know."

"Wait, what?"

He laughed. "You hate him as much as I do. Why would you call him?"

I felt like a burden was released off my shoulders when he said that.

"I didn't even know that our dads were talking again," I said in shock.

"I guess four years was enough for your dad to forgive him," he answered as we started walking to my office.

My grip tightened on the bag I held as we walked. "Well, it's not enough for me."