It Was Love

Sophia's POV

"...and now it's all my fault!" I ranted to Moya as I paced back and forth.

I was freaking out. All this time I spent building hatred towards him for hurting me without a good reason only to find out that I was the one who made him do it.

She quickly grabbed me to get me to stay in one position. "Breathe, Soph."

I looked at her as we both took deep breaths in and out. We did this exercise four more times before I calmed down and she let me go.

"Just talk to him, Soph."

I shook my head. "I-I can't. He probably hates me now."

"Didn't he always hate you?" She joked and I sent her a death glare.

"No, this feels different now," I said as I buried my face in my palms. "What have I done?"

"Sophia, it was in the spur-of-the-moment. Just tell him; he will understand."

I turned to her. "What if he doesn't? What if gets mad and tells me to leave, Moya?"

"Well, if he does get mad, he doesn't deserve you."

"Really?"

She nodded confidently and I smiled before hugging her. "You're the best."

She was. I called her twenty minutes ago and she was here in ten. She is always there when I need her and I don't know what I would've done if it wasn't for her. Moya is like a life vest to me; she keeps me afloat.

When everyone-Hunter, Kennedy, Sabrina, Zach, Dad-literally everyone left, Moya stayed right beside me.

Who knows what I would've become if she wasn't here?

I let go of our hug before picking up my keys. "Wish me luck?"

She shook her head. "You don't need it."

After hugging her one more time, I rushed off to Hunter's mansion.

...

I knocked twice on the door before he answered the door shirtless while drying his hair. It looks like he had just come out of the pool or hot tub. It took everything in me not to drool at his perfectly toned abs.

All the muscles on his body were well-defined and I am always mesmerized each time he reveals them.

"Sophia?" He asked, looking surprised to see me as he pulled a t-shirt over his head.

Disappointment swept over me for a millisecond as I saw he had covered up his torso.

My head shook before I took his hand and dragged him into the mansion with me. "I talk, you listen."

I knew I had to be dominant in this conversation because if I didn't, he would take over and try to end it quickly.

He loves to avoid communication and that is probably what got us in this mess in the first place. He should've come to me before instead of just ending things between us like that.

I pushed him back a bit aggressively so that he would fall back on the couch and listen to me.

He had a shocked expression on his face as if he'd never expected me in a million years to do such a bold thing before a dirty smirk came on his face.

"Look, what I said that night is not how I feel about you. I was mad and said some stuff that I didn't mean. I know that you think I meant it to deep down inside but I didn't. I said a bunch of words and I promise didn't mean a thing."

"Sophia," he groaned, already seeming annoyed and trying to take over the conversation.

"I know you thought that you were helping me but you only made it worse. I was miserable without you."

He looked up at me. "What?"

"I couldn't sleep, eat or stop crying for the first week straight. I had to take sleeping pills and the panic attack I had was about you. The only reason why it wasn't longer was that I didn't want to scare Blaze anymore than he already was."

He started to look guilty and feel pity for me. "Sophia, I didn't know. I thought this was what you wanted."

"Of course not!" I shouted as I sat down next to him. "I want my husband. Not a business partner, not an enemy, not an enemy with benefits, just Hunter-my husband."

My heart started beating erratically as he turned to me and watched me in complete astonishment. There was silence and I began to prepare myself for the rejection he was about to give me.

I've never really poured out my heart to him fully and I think that is what stunned him the most.

I looked up to see him leaning forward and before I knew it he gave me a gentle kiss on the lips. This kiss felt different from the others. It wasn't a result of our untamed lust or desire for each other; it had meaning.

A tear slipped out of my eye as I kissed him back with passion.

This kiss didn't feel like we hated each other. Maybe two people who hurt each other, yes but two people with hatred towards each other, no.

I wished more people in this world would get to experience such immense feelings that a kiss like this gives to someone. You have to be in love with the person and know that no matter what they will always be the thing you can't live without.

A kiss like this will have you feeling like this is the highest point in your life. It's better than a high or sex because it's more meaningful. You don't need to take a drug to get you off.

A kiss like this puts you in a trance where you never want to escape. You rather just hide with this person than go back to reality where the world is cold.

That is what a meaningful kiss with Hunter Lodge felt like.

I had almost forgotten that one could experience such a feeling with another.

It was love.

We pulled away slowly from each other and the feeling that I had was indescribable. I couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I should've picked up that something was wrong between you and Kennedy. I shouldn't have let Kennedy or any one of them for a matter of fact hurt you. I didn't know how much she hurt you."

"It's okay," I shrugged. "You can't change the past."

"But you can change the future," he said.

I raised my eyebrow as I started to feel confused. He started smiling and before I knew it, he was down on his knee in front of me.

"Hunter..."

"Will you, Sophia Lodge, be my real wife again?"

I vigorously nodded my head before saying, "yes, yes, thousand times yes!"

He smiled as brightly as he ever did before crashing his lips on mine.

...
Vote!