Completely Soaked

Sophia's POV

"Sophia! Hunter!" I heard Mason shout before we both ran towards the cry for help.

My heart immediately skipped a beat.

Blaze was on the floor crying while everyone just stood there watching him. There was glass all around him.

I quickly ran and picked him up.

"Oh no, what happened?" I asked as his cries grew louder.

Blaze leaned over to Hunter to be held and showed me the glass that was stuck in his skin.

"The kid broke a vase," Mason said.

"I think we should go," Sabrina muttered and the others nodded before they all left.

I wanted to scream at them all. They left my house in a mess.

That was the least of my concern though.

I turned back to Blaze and quickly took the glass out of his leg before it got any deeper.

"Can...you...kiss it?" He asked in between sniffles. I nodded with a smile before kissing his bruise.

He turned to Hunter, "you have to do it too, daddy."

A small smile came on his face before he followed my action.

"Are you okay, Blaze? You had me worried sick."

He nodded with a smile. "Yes, mommy. It only hurts a little now that you and daddy kissed my boo boo."

Hunter showered him with kisses before putting him down and walking away. He soon returned with a broom to sweep the glass.

I grabbed the broom from him. "Thanks, Hunter but I can do it myself."

He pulled back the broom from me. "It's fine, I don't mind doing it, Sophia."

I sent him a death glare and he sent back an even deadlier one.

There was tension between us. The tension that he and I caused. Him mostly though.

"Let go of the broom, Sophia."

"No, why don't you?"

We fought for the broom. I pulled with all my strength but I knew I was no match for him. I was using both of my hands with full force while we only used one hand.

He suddenly let go of the broom and I fell back hard on my butt.

He smirked and picked up the broom before extending a hand to me.

I slapped it away before getting up on my own.

I opened my mouth to say something bitter to him but Blaze beat me to it.

"Mommy, are you and daddy fighting again?"

Both of our faces lost colour. We thought he left the room.

"No way, your dad and I are just fine," I said before slapping Hunter in the chest.

He tightly grabbed my hand from off his chest before squeezing my waist with his hand wrapped around me.

"See we're even hugging," Hunter added.

I grabbed his hand before pulling it down from my waist.

"Some may even call us best friends."

He watched us both for a minute before shrugging his shoulders.

"Can you guys tell me a bedtime story?"

I was able to breathe again.  The last thing I wanted was for him to find out Hunter and I were fighting.

He hates it.

"Sure, let's go to your room, B," Hunter said before walking past me and heading up the stairs.

I grabbed the Vodka bottle just in case I needed it.

After that, I took a deep breath before walking up the stairs. It's going to take everything within me not to murder Hunter before he leaves.

"Mr. Apple looked everywhere for his shoes but they were nowhere to be found." I heard Hunter read as Blaze laid in his arms already asleep.

He closed the book before getting up and pulling the sheet over our son.

He quietly closed the door behind him and I took a mouthful of the alcohol.

I was now starting to believe that I am in the beginning stage of being an alcoholic.

"How about you stop drinking? You know you can't handle much," he said as he tried taking the bottle from me.

"No!"

We did a second round of tug of war and the Vodka ended up spilling all over his shirt.

He was now fuming.

"Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?" He shouted.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered. I felt bad. "I can get you a paper towel-"

Before I could finish, he took off his shirt and my mouth dropped.

If I thought him wearing a tight shirt was bad, it's now even worse without his shirt on.

His well-defined abs teased me a bit as I watched them.

I slowly looked back up to his face only to find him glaring at me. He rolled his eyes before pushing past me and going into the bathroom.

I trailed behind him like a child who was about to get scolded and watched as he used the blow dryer to dry his shirt.

"I have a dryer, you know?" I said feeling even more guilty.

"Don't worry, I'll leave soon. I just don't want my shirt completely soaked."

"I wasn't trying to get you to leave faster."

He stopped before turning to me. "And you expect me to believe you?"

"Yes, why would I lie about that?"

"Sophia, you've been acting weird all day and kept doing things that you thought would hurt me. I won't be surprised if you spilled this on my shirt on purpose."

"I didn't!"

He turned off the blow dryer. "I also hate a lot of things about you too, you know? You act like you're the only one going through the breakup. I am too!"

"Hunter, I'm not trying to have a competition."

He put his shirt back on.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure we stick to being enemies from now on," he declared before pushing past me and leaving.

...
Vote!