Three Hours

Sophia's POV

"Ma'am, it's only for a month," Jannette explained to me as I cried in my office. "I have already found someone great to manage things while I'm gone."

"You can't leave me like this. I can double your pay or triple or even quadruple! Name your price!" I begged.

"Mrs. Lodge-"

"You can even leave work early every day. Just as long as you don't go away for a full month."

"Please, Mrs. Lodge. I need the time."

I sighed. Ever since she's worked for both me and my dad, she's never spent more than 2 days away from work and now she's asking for a full month? I can't adjust to these changes so quickly.

I mean I should try to be more understanding.

She was asking for this time off because she got proposed to last month. She wanted to spend the month planning the wedding and having at least a week-long honeymoon.

Jannette is always there for me so why was I being so selfish?

It's just a month, Sophia. It's just a month.

"Fine, enjoy yourself Jannette. You deserve it."

"Thank you, ma'am," she said before walking out.

As she walked out, Hunter walked in. I quickly dried my tears.

"Not now, Hunter. I'm not in the mood to argue."

"I'm not here to argue."

"Well, you kind of are because you're trying to object to me."

"Sophia."

I quickly shut up because I realized I was the one turning things into an argument. "What do you want?"

"I still need your help."

I turned my chair so that I was looking at my desktop. "Tell that to someone who gives a shit."

"I'm serious. I promise that I will try my best not to argue and be disrespectful to you."

I turned to him, "so you're promising to do the bare minimum? How cute."

The room became silent for a while before he spoke up again, "please."

Please. Such a simple word but hearing it come out of Hunter's mouth made it seem like it was a word that was worth way more than silver or gold.

I stood up, "fine but if you ever break any of those terms, we're done. Shall we draw up a contract?"

He scoffed, "Being professional, I like it."

He nodded before stretching out his hand for a handshake, "it's a deal."

I expected him to object but frankly, he didn't. I extended my hand to him and accepted his handshake.

He stood up so that we were almost on each other's level, "let's see that folder of yours then."

I smiled before moving to look for it in one of my file cabinets. I found it within no time and then gave it to him.

He took  it then started walking to the lounge area to sit, "let's see what we have here."

I followed behind him and silently watched as he read through my suggestions.

He nodded his head, "I say we start on cutting down the production cost."

"But how though?"

He thought for a moment, "maybe asking HR to train the current workers to get more skill out of them?"