Family Time

Sophia's POV

"Wait, you slept together!?" Moya asked as she popped up in my face.

I gently pushed her away from me. "No, we did sleep  together, we just slept on the same bed together."

"So you slept together," she stated with a naughty look in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "It doesn't matter now because I'm never doing that again."

"Why not? Aren't you guys doing it for Blaze?"

"I can't do it, Moya. He's mean, disrespectful, moody and I could go on and on if you don't stop me."

"Sophia-"

"Moya, don't start," I said as I sipped my drink.

We were at La Rosa waiting for my dad to bring Blaze from his golf lesson. Blaze hated it though. He cried as soon as I told him his grandfather was going to pick him up.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a choice in the matter. Dad practically took Blaze from me and I allowed it because this was the only time they got to spend together. Hopefully, when he grows up, he will understand.

Moya stood up. "If you'll excuse me, I have a case to get to," Moya confidently said as she pulled her bag over her should.

"You're getting too busy for my liking. Do I need to start booking appointments to spend time with you?"

She blew me a kiss before running off.

"Sophia!" I heard a voice say and when I turned, it was Lynda. We quickly hugged each other. "I'm in a rush now but why don't you come over for dinner on Sunday?"

I nodded. "Sure."

I was free this weekend so why not?

"Great, see you there!" She smiled as she walked to the cashier to collect her order.

I made a mental note that I had to go to Lynda's dinner when I realized dad and Blaze were walking toward me.

Blaze wore a visor, a plain yellow polo shirt with yellow and blue plaid shorts. He had the biggest frown on his face with his puppy dog eyes. I opened my arms so I could hug him. "What's wrong, baby?"

Then he burst into tears.

"Don't worry about the boy, he just got a few bruises from falling a couple of times," dad said.

I glared at him. He knew I didn't like this and if Hunter found out that Blaze was getting hurt, it would be all over.

"Relax pumpkin," he said as he looked at his watch. "Alright Blaze, papa has to go, come give me a hug."

Blaze moved from me and quietly went to hug his grandpa. The hug lasted a good while.

One thing about dad is that he loves Blaze to death. He'd do anything for him. Our relationship is still a little rocky but it's better than it was three years ago.

I had to give dad some credit though. If it wasn't for him and Mr. Lodge forcing Hunter and me to have a baby, Blaze probably wouldn't have existed.

Blaze is my world, he is everyone's world. If it wasn't for him, Hunter and I probably would've been in a way worse situation than we were right now.

We probably would've just lived in the same mansion, living two separate lives. We would've never shared the joy of experiencing passion, parenthood, and most of all, love.

"Pumpkin?"

I snapped out of whatever zone I was heading into, "yes dad."

He gave me a worried look. "Are you okay? You kind of went blank there for a moment."

"I'm fine, dad."

"Is it about the situation between you and Hunter?"

I looked at Blaze before looking back to dad with a faked smile. "Everything is fine, dad. Don't worry about me. You should go before you're late for whatever plans you have."

"Dad is just one phone call away, okay?"

I nodded my head then he gave Blaze and I forehead kisses before heading out.

After a few minutes of talking and making jokes, Blaze and I decided to order our food.

Blaze's eyes suddenly lightened up. "Look mommy, it's daddy!"

When I looked up, I could see Hunter's figure slowly approaching our table as he ended a call.

He immediately picked up Blaze and spun him around in the air. "How is my little businessman doing?"

"I'm great now that you're here!" he giggled as he hugged his dad and then climbed back unto the chair.

"Daddy's is late again, Blaze," I simply said.

I could hear Hunter scoff as he looked at Blaze, "or maybe mommy just came too early? Don't you think Blaze?"

I couldn't stand him and I knew he couldn't stand me either. We couldn't even look into each other's eyes and we were communicating with each other via our son.

Blaze looked at us confused for a second but quickly shook it off- which I was thankful for. I couldn't control myself a few minutes ago.

"Mommy and I ordered your lunch already!"

Hunter smiled, "you did?"

Blaze proudly nodded his head as if he had accomplished something great in his books.

Hunter rassled with his son's hair, "well thank you, Blaze!"

"You have to thank mommy too!"

Hunter laughed, "I don't think that's necessary, little man."

Blaze began to set up his face in a way that looked like he was about to cry. Hunter hated that and was always submissive when it came to Blaze's happiness.

"Okay, okay. Don't cry!" he said as he turned to me. "Thank you, Sophia."

I gave him a slight nod before the lunch came.

The three of us ate our lunch together in awkward silence. Thankfully, I don't think Blaze picked up on anything because he watched YouTube videos as he ate.

When we finished we walked out of the restaurant holding hands- with Blaze in the middle of course.

Hunter buckled Blaze in his car seat and then shut the door. He was going to take Blaze for a bit.

After he finished closing the door, he turned around to face me, leaning back on his car with folded arms.

We just silently stood in the position for a good minute while looking everywhere except for each other's eyes.

Hunter cleared his throat before straightening up, "you can come to pick him up in an hour or two, I'm spending the night at the office."

He was starting to move off before I subconsciously grabbed him to stop him.

"Hunter wait."

He slowly turned around and then looked at my hand semi-wrapped around his arm. He gave me a look that screamed if you don't let go now, I will kill you. I slowly removed my hand and laughed sheepishly.

He began to seem annoyed. "What is it? I don't have all day."

"Don't you have something to say to me? Do you think I set you up for failure?"

He stared at me blankly. He doesn't care one bit, does he?

"I can help you if you let me. You of all people know I'm not capable of doing something like that."

"I can handle my own shit, okay? How about you try to handle yours?" He angrily declared before getting into the car and then driving off.

...
Vote!