Welcome to Venice, Italy

Sophia's POV

"How long will you be staying, Mr. Lodge?" The receptionist asked Hunter with a wink.

We stood in the hotel Albergo Italiano about to book in. We had just landed about an hour ago.

Hunter payed no attention to her as he was scrolling on his phone.

"A week."

"Would you guys like two separate rooms?" She asked as she leaned down to show her cleavage.

"We'll take one, thanks," I finally spoke up.

Hunter immediately snapped his head up to look at me.

This was the first time I spoke since we got on the plane but her obvious flirting was driving me crazy.

I'm not jealous, it's just annoying.

"Are you sure? We'll be spending a whole week together in that room," Hunter voiced.

I looked down at my feet. "I know, it's fine."

I could sense him still staring at me. I couldn't do it. I couldn't look at him; not after I dreamt about him like that.

He sighed, "book the room."

When I looked up, I could see her eye twitch a bit before she started inputting the information on the computer.

When she was finished, she started walking. "Follow me."

We walked into an elevator which took us straight to our room.

She handed Hunter a piece of paper. "This is my number in case you want a tour guide or to have dinner."

Hunter took it with a raised eyebrow.

"Is this hotel that short staffed that the receptionist has to be the tour guide and the chef? Is there a way to donate money?"

I rolled my eyes, he was so oblivious to her flirting.

"You know, I don't feel comfortable staying in such an inferior hotel."

"No, sir! I'm only the receptionist. I just wanted to give you my number in case you wanted a friend."

"Oh," he nodded. "Very well."

"Welcome to Venice, Italy," she bowed before walking out.

I scoffed, "you're such an idiot."

He rolled his eyes. "What's your problem now?"

"She was flirting with you."

"No, she wasn't. It's all in your head," he said as he took off his jacket.

"Whatever!" I shouted angrily before going into the bathroom.

I don't care that people are flirting with him. We aren't together and we don't like each other.

However, I do care that he dares to think that I'm just making up stuff.

I turned on the pipe and started washing my face with lukewarm water and a cleanser.

How dare he think that I give enough shits to get jealous? He's just trying to get into my head.

I quickly wiped off the water and applied my moisturizer. I couldn't even do a full-face routine.

I then proceeded to change into my pajamas and then walked out.

I sat on the bed and looked at pictures of Blaze. Moya told me that he had already fallen asleep.

He did not take us leaving so well. He didn't even tell me goodbye when I left the house. I wanted to bring him with us but it would be too much trouble.

If Hunter and I get through this week without any fights or excessive hatred toward each other, we'll be fine.

Just as I thought about him, he walked in. I watched as he walked towards the bed.

I couldn't sleep on the same bed as him. What if I have that dream again and he hears me? It'll be over.

He rolled his eyes in annoyance as I pulled the sheets over me.

"Don't worry, I'm not sleeping on the same bed as you. I just came to get a pillow."

I looked away until he left the room.

...

I grabbed the first pillow that came in my hand and put it over my head. The sunlight entering the room was luminous.

I tried falling back to sleep for a minute before I jumped up to look at the time. It was a quarter to ten.

I quickly sprung out of bed and ran out of the room. We were going to be late.

Hunter was fast asleep on the couch. I contemplated whether or not to wake him.

"Hunter," I whispered and he didn't move.

I tried again while hitting him, "Hunter!"

He turned around on the couch, making his back face me.

I started shaking him.

"What?" He mumbled.

"Hunter, wake up. We're going to be late."

He gave me a thumbs up before continuing to sleep.

I rolled my eyes and then headed to the shower. I made it quick before I went to do my hair and makeup.

I wore a black top with a mini, pencil skirt.

After taking one more look at myself in the mirror, I walked out.

I immediately jumped when I saw Hunter standing in the middle of the room with a full suit on while putting on his watch.

How did he even manage to be that quick?

He looked up at me before heading towards the door.

I followed him until we walked out to see a man standing in front of a vehicle. Hunter nodded his head to him before entering and motioned for me to follow.

He started reading to me today's agenda as we took off.

"And most importantly, we have to have a united front."

I nodded to him.

"I think we should try to secure a deal with Italy. If we get a branch down here, we'll be sure to expand."

He nodded, "right ahead of you but there's a catch to it..."

I looked at him confused. He suddenly looked uneasy.

"There's a catch to it. The guy is family orientation and loves the idea of couples. If we want to win him over, we have to be more than a united front; we have to be a couple. An actual one."

My grip tightened around my phone.

"It's just for a week and if you want it to be less, you can't keep avoiding eye contact with me. I don't know what's going on there but you need to stop. It's annoying."

"Oh, I'm the annoying one? What about you when you get mad at me for no reason?"

"I do not get mad at you for no reason. I only get mad when you're annoying and right now you are annoying."

"Well explain to me why you yell at me for everything?"

"That's because everything you do is annoying."

"Forget that Italy deal. There's no way I'm pretending to love you again."

"Sophia, are you kidding me right now? How can you be so selfish? We'll make even more billions once we have Italy."

I looked outside the window as we drove past vendors selling a range of fresh fruits and vegetables.

It's not that I'm trying to be selfish. I know what benefits this deal will bring to not only me but the company.

However, I can't go through this with Hunter again. We'll rip each other's heads off at the rate we are going.

We can't have one conversation without going for each other's throats.

He sighed, "talk to me once you've gotten your brain out of your ass."

...
Vote!