Memories

⚠️TW: panic attacks, slightly graphic scenes

Sophia's POV

"One ice cream for you," Hunter said to Blaze before turning to me. "And one of you."

I smiled at him to show my gratitude.

"I wanted toppings," Blaze complained with a frown as he stared at his marshmallow ice cream.

"But you told me you didn't want any before."

"I changed my mind."

Hunter sighed before getting up and taking the ice cream to get toppings.

"Be nice to daddy and stop giving in extra work to do," I ordered Blaze.

He saw that Hunter was in a good mood and was using that to his advantage. Hunter loved him too much to notice.

Ever since we made up at the hotel, things couldn't have been better.

Yes, there were a few awkward moments but we hadn't had one argument since.

We were far from resolving our marriage and I doubt we will ever get close to doing it but I can live with being just friends.

Thanks to Hunter solving the issue at work, we've both gotten some free time so we decided to spend it with Blaze.

I heard Blaze scream, "mommy, look over there!"

I quickly looked to my left to see what commotion caught his attention and then I froze.

A vicious dog was attacking a little girl as the owner tried to pull it away. The little girl was screaming and crying for help.

Suddenly, the world stopped and everyone turned to look at me, including the dog.

It started looking at me with a savage smile as saliva dripped from its mouth. It was thirsty.

I felt weak as my chest started tightening and it started getting very difficult to breathe.

It started running to get me and I turned to Blaze to make sure he was out of harm's way.

He tilted his head with a raised eyebrow. "Mommy?"

"Get out of here! Go get daddy!" I shouted and he ran away without thinking twice.

The dog then started running towards me.

No one was trying to save me. They just watched me with blank expressions. It was terrifying.

My heart rate accelerated and sweat dripped from my head.

The dog's face suddenly changed to the one which killed mom.

I was now back in moms car. I was confused. How did I get here?

I looked down to see the dog biting the life out of my arm before it suddenly stopped and jumped on my mother; causing her to drive to her death.

"Sophia..." I heard a voice in the distance but I couldn't focus.

I felt something warm wrap around me.

"Sophia..."

"Mommy!" I heard Blaze cry.

I opened my eyes. "Blaze?"

He was crying his eyes out. I looked up to see that I was in Hunter's embrace.

"You're okay, Sophia," he kept repeating as he rocked me. The heat which radiated off his skin started to calm me down.

His hug felt like home.