13

"So what was all that about last night?" Conrad questioned handing Tatyana a ice pack that she pressed onto her bruised cheek after Nicole finished checking out the bruise

"Isabel thinks I hooked up with Jeremiah after she told me she liked him but I didn't, I didn't even know she had feelings for Jere when it happened" Tatyana explained getting straight to the point.

"You and Jeremiah-" Conrad said making a face of disgust.

"It was a one time thing stop Conrad" she said lying back down.

"Ok well if you didn't know why did Belly come at you" Conrad questioned taking a seat on the bean bag across her room "Because Taylor lied to her and Belly doesn't wanna listen to my side of the story, I'm just wondering why she lied"

"Why don't you all just take some time away from each other before you guys talk?" Nicole recommended "I don't wanna talk to Taylor I wanna jump her" Tatyana said placing the bag of frozen fruits on her bedside table and picking up her phone.

She scrolled through the texts from Steven and Jeremiah not really reading the ones from Jere before shifting her attention back to Conrad and Nicole "You can't jump her all by yourself" Conrad quietly chuckled "Guys wait,"

"Steven wants to see me, what if Belly told him about the twisted story" Tatyana said pursing her lips as she wondered about all the things that could've happened if he knew, would he even listen to her side "You'll just have to go and see, he was asking me all night why you guys fought but I didn't say anything" Nicole responded, then another notification from Steven came in on Tatyana's phone.

"Never mind, he said he just wants to spend time with me" she said but was still a bit panicked knowing the topic was going to come up "You're still going to have to tell him what happened you know," Conrad stood up and getting ready to leave.

"Okay I get it" Tatyana groaned pointing at the door "You're welcome for the ice pack" Conrad said patting her on the head "Have fun though, try not to tell Steven that you had sex with his best friend!" Nicole joked too soon "I hate you, bye"

"That's enough," Tatyana grinned as she placed the syrup on the table and picked up her fork getting ready to dig in to her waffles "Unbelievable that you put that much syrup on your pancakes" Steven shook his head in disgust.

"What are you on? Syrup is the best" she furrowed her eyebrows at the boy before taking a bite of her waffles "No Taty.. you think everything tastes good, you put cream cheese on pickles and say it slaps" Steven scoffed.

"And? it does slap" Tatyana chuckled "That's nasty" Steven said taking a bite of his french toast "Whatever, Mr. orders chicken tenders and fries at every restaurant" she stuck her tongue out at him childishly "That's just my preference"

"Just say you're a picky eater and go," Tatyana joked "Can I have some?" Tatyana questioned pointing at the piece of bacon of his place despite her already having food in her mouth

"Yeah," he nodded allowing her to stick her fork into the bacon and place it on her plate, Tatyana smiled as she did her 'happy to be eating' dance causing Steven to laugh as she thanked him.

"So how's your cheek feeling.." Steven asked staring at the dark coloured bruise "Fine I guess, how's Isabel?" Even though the two had just fought she still cared for her, she felt like it was just a misunderstanding and all they needed to do was speak about it.

"Other than the black eye and a couple broken nails she's okay" Steven leaned back into his seat, letting out a stifled laugh, not at Belly but at the whole situation "Look I'm sorry but I had to defend myself she punched me"

"it was a fair fight though" She shrugged hoping that Steven wouldn't ask her why they even got into it "Well my sister was drunk and you were completely sober, you should've just walked away" Steven said attempting to defend his sister causing Tatyana to look at him defensively "Oh so I'm supposed to just let her punch me in my face and take it cause she was drunk?"

"Well.."

"Well what? I understand that's your sister but I wasn't gonna sit there and get bitched, anyone would do the same thing I did.." Tatyana said trying to prove her point "Okay,"

There was a couple seconds of silence between them both before the question that Tatyana had been fearing since this morning came up.

"What were you guys fighting about anyways?"

She took a couple moments to consider whether she was going to lie or tell the truth, she couldn't lie to him she knew Belly or Taylor were bound to tell him the full story if not now later, but with the little twist that Taylor added, she had a feeling he'd be upset either way.

"Okay um," she hesitated a bit "Remember how we went to Nicole's party after Belly's birthday dinner?" She brought up "Yes?"

"So.. um, me and Jeremiah we were like super drunk right?" Steven nodded crossing his arms "So basically, we kind of hooked up that night and Taylor found out right-"

She explained everything that happened and why they fought, there was a moment of silence after she finished which caused Tatyana to get a little worried.

"Are you mad at me?"

Meanwhile Steven was wondering what he could possibly say to finding out that his best friend hooked up with the girl he's liked for the longest time, he wasn't exactly upset at Tatyana but he didn't know how he felt.

"Nah, Just a little taken back knowing that you and my best friend.. you know" He replied "I'm sorry, it was a mistake I don't even have feelings for Jeremiah and I wouldn't betray Belly like that.. I swear"

"It's fine,"

"Are you sure? It's okay if you're upset"

"I'm sure" Steven lied, he wasn't upset at Tatyana but he obviously wasn't joyous to hear that information and Tatyana could see it clearly in his demeanour "I'm sorry"

"It's just.. why would you choose to hook up with my best friend?" He let out a dry laugh "I know you're not just blaming this on me.. He knew me and you had a past"

"I'm not blaming it on you,"

Silence, again except there was tension in the air along with the quietness.

-
what do y'all wanna see in the
next couple chapters let me know
or i wont be updating for a while!
i have no ideas😓

also thank u all for 16k reads
very appreciated😍