28

There was only a couple days until it was time for all the teens to return back home, and there were things on the schedule like the deb ball, Isabel was more than excited about the next coming days as was Tatyana.

Things were starting to get back on track for Tatyana, she was back in the comfort of her house and was trying to fix her relationship with her mom again, although Tatyana expressed to Susannah and Laurel that they're not obligated to speak to her mom about anything anymore.

As of right now Tatyana sat on a comfy chair in the garden, observing Susannah's paint brush move and push against the canvas, occasionally dibbling and dabbling in different paint colours.

"Goodness you look so beautiful in this dress" Susannah beamed glancing over at Tatyana "Thank you Susannah, it's become very tight though," Tatyana chuckled "I think I put on a couple pounds"

"You look perfect," Susannah reassured "I wish you could've been a deb this year."

"I know, I was just talking to Steven about it" Tatyana smiled, her cheeks turning warm "Oh really? what's going on with you too anyway" The blonde glanced over at her "We like each other of course but there are no titles to it right now"

"You kids and this no titles thing," Susannah begun "back when I was your age it was either you were someone's girlfriend or you were single no in between" Susannah said and Tatyana laughed quietly "I know but I don't want to rush him into things"

"Well it's all up to you,"

Tatyana knew that, she knew if she asked Steven to be her boyfriend he would say yes no questions asked, but some part of her wanted him to ask her, with some kind of big gesture, she had no clue what else she was supposed to do to get him to ask her.

She gave him the biggest hint ever, just last two days ago she was more than vulnerable with him, that should've been enough to get him to ask her to be his girlfriend.

"I know" Tatyana responded.

"Alright, that's it for the day, how about finishing up tomorrow? I'm having this horrible headache" Susannah sighed, slowly standing up off the stool "Oh yeah of course, go get some rest" Tatyana said getting up from the chair, excited to get out of the right dress.

"Steven" she spoke in a singsong voice hovering outside of his room, she wiggled the doorknob before getting it open and stepping into his room.

"Hi" she stood at the door with a bright smile "ew, you're teeth are red and purple," he scrunched up his face as he cackled "it's cause I'm eating skittles dummy, want some?" she questioned comfortably taking a seat on the bed.

"I hate skittles,"

"Whatever more for me" she continued, staring at Steven as he walked over to her "mhm, you look pretty with your hair like this, don't straighten it anymore" he stated, grabbing her by the hand so she'd stand up.

"Really?" Tatyana chuckled smothering more skittles in her mouth, if that wasn't unattractive she didn't know what was "you think I'm cute?" she asked again, this time with a smirk on her face knowing what she just did.

"Even though you just stuffed your face like that, you still look cute" Steven grinned wrapping his arms around her, Tatyana laughed wrapping her arms around his neck embracing him tightly.

"Thank you, I guess there's no more straightening my hair" she smiled pulling away and laid back down on the bed "I like both on you, but the way your hair looks when you get out the pool or even the shower tops it"

Tatyana giggled, her cheeks warming up at the compliment "come sit," she whispered "I wanna talk"

"About what, and why are we whispering?" he asked "I don't know, but we need to talk about something" she quietly responded and Steven laid down beside her.

"Summer is coming to an end,"

"Yes and?"

"You're leaving and I'm leaving with my mom this time, what does it mean for us?" Tatyana acknowledged "um, I forgot about all of that, like having to leave and stuff.." Steven mumbled.

"I know you did, so what's happening with us"

"Well, I don't know, what do you want?" he continued "I want us to maintain whatever we have going on" Tatyana said as Steven laid his head on Tatyana's chest "We will, but how would we have time to see each other?"

"Well I'm taking a gap year, and I know you'll have holidays off, you're a senior now." Tatyana replied, her and Steven were only a year apart so in fall Steven would be starting his last year of high school while Tatyana had already graduated at the start of summer.

"Oh yeah.. I forgot to tell you but I'm gonna try get into princeton, I think I could do it" Steven hesitantly spoke, expecting a negative reaction but instead got the one he wasn't expecting "wait seriously— when did you decide!?"

"A couple days ago, I haven't told my mom yet, I think I could get a scholarship."

"I think you can do it and I'm proud that you believe in yourself" Tatyana spoke softly, running her fingers through his hair "yeah, now what about you? other than the gap year what do you have planned" he wondered, Steven knew that when it came to school that was something Tatyana hated.

She did have big plans for someone who had no motivation to work.. Steven remembered all the times when Tatyana would call Steven in shambles about exams and how she couldn't do it and didn't want to do it.

"Um.. my plan has always been social work but everything that school put me through, I need this gap year to recover" she admitted.

"I know you do, all those times you'd vent to me about school and how stressed you were, you need a break" Steven said.

Tatyana was still waiting for it, when was he going to ask her to be his girlfriend? she couldn't tell if he was okay with the no titles but at this point she wanted to move on from that and make things official.

It was looking as though she's be waiting longer.

-
so most of u guys said act twooo but
idk about that because this book already
has so many chapters, it ends in 3
chapters tho!! 💁🏽‍♀️

vote and comment<3