38

"You sold the house in the last twelve hours!?" Conrad questioned, he knew now it was time to give up "yes, to a really nice family up in Boston with three kids." Julia replied, her arms crossed "wow, it can't just be over?" Conrad blankly said "it is, and I need your keys." She held her hands out.

"I bet you're really enjoying this." Tatyana spoke while Conrad and Jeremiah handed her their keys "mom don't do this," Skye spoke "really? I can't say I enjoyed this but I feel relieved it's over," Julia admitted, walking off calling Skye to follow her.

"Mom really.." they trailed off trying to convince her not to sell the house "that bitch," Tatyana crossed her arms, walking into the house and the rest of them followed behind her.

They stood around in the kitchen wondering what to do "so what now, do we just go home?" Steven spoke up "we should've left yesterday, like I said." Tatyana crossed her arms, she was still tired.

"No guys, if we're going out we gotta go out with a bang," Isabel stated, like she was on to something "how do you suggest we do that?" Conrad gazed over at the brown haired girl "I mean, when my mom and Celeste came down here with Susannah for the first time, before any of us were born, she said she hated how empty it felt so she had this huge get together,"

Belly continued "everyone drank and danced all night, it was probably like gatsby, so I think we should throw a party."

"Bells I really like that Idea, let's put them to work," Tatyana nodded her head in agreement "can we sleep for like thirty minutes though?" Steven questioned, all of them were exhausted after sleeping outside "do what you want, Steven." Tatyana rolled her eyes at the boy as she walked out of the kitchen.

Everyone looked at her then back at Steven who looked agitated with her attitude, she had a reason but it felt like it was getting old to him, Isabel cleared her throat as everyone watched Steven quickly follow behind Tatyana.

"Tatyana," he called for her, but she didn't care to respond "I know you can hear me," he reached the top of the stairs following her down the hall "what do you want now?" she turned around, leaning against the bedroom door "what do I have to do to get you back, I'll do anything" he professed, Tatyana looked up at him for a second.

"What don't you get? it's not happening,"

"What makes you say that?" he asked "our relationship was never going to last, why are you fighting so hard for
me when all we did was argue and constantly take breaks," she replied "we can be better this time, I swear to you I'll never fuck up again."

"You can't promise me something that you know isn't true." she spoke softly, her gaze shifting down to the floor "we're better as friends anyway." she whispered, opening the bedroom door and shutting it behind her, leaving him with his thoughts.

"Can't believe this is the last day we'll ever see this pool," Jeremiah said, he stood beside Tatyana, the air was salty and they took it in because that was the last time they'd ever be able too "I know, it's crazy isn't it," she rubbed her eyes, yawning.

"Let's just cherish it, while it lasts." he placed his hand on her shoulder "god, mom would hate this." Jeremiah's voice got low, Tatyana's gaze fixed on him watching his hands drop to his side "but Susannah would love this." She slickly got behind him, placing her hands on his shoulder and pushing him into the water.

Before he could swim up she jumped in fully clothed, the cold water taking her in "Taty!" Jeremiah laughed as she began to splash water on him "sorry, it was getting too mellow," smiling, Jeremiah wrapped his arms around the girl to stop her from splashing him.