21

It was around eight pm now, Susannah and Laurel had brought Tatyana to the ER and despite them telling the kids to stay home and clean up Steven insisted on coming, although he decided that he wouldn't get back together with Tatyana he still cared about her and wanted to be by her side.

"This is like, so extra" Tatyana complained as one of the on call doctors placed bandages over the wounds on her arm and shoulder "It's not extra, it's necessary Tatyana we have to make sure you're completely okay" Susannah said placing a chaste kiss on the girl's forehead "Thanks Susannah"

"How is your leg feeling?" The doctor asked "Um it hurts, but I think i'll be okay" She sniffled staring down the stitch on the side of her leg.

"Great, the one on your legs a bit deep so we want you to come back in a week so we can make sure it's healing properly"

"Can I ask how this happened?"

Tatyana looked over at Laurel, then Susannah and then Steven "Well doctor—" Susannah began to speak was cut off "I was grabbing plates from the top shelf, one dropped on the counter and the other dropped on the floor and boom, shatter!" Tatyana lied, she spoke almost as if she was trying to make a joke out of the situation.

"Alright.. is that funny?" The doctor questioned finishing up the stitch then discarding of the items used "Oh no ma'am of course not, I just take nothing seriously" she shrugged.

"Ok, well I hope you feel better, I expect to see you in a week but you're free to go now" She smiled picking up her clipboard and exiting the room.

As soon as the doctor left Steven Ushered over to sit beside her on the bed "Are you okay Taty?" he said grabbing onto her hand "Yeah I'm good, no need to hold my hand" she carefully hopping off the hospital bed.

"Can we go now?" Tatyana asked staring back at Susannah and Laurel before exiting the emergency room getting a head start to the car "What happened honey? I thought you two made up?" Laurel asked Steven.

"Um no not really, in a way we did but we're not back together" Steven honestly responded "Oh I'm sorry, maybe you should give her another chance, I don't think you really wanna talk to me about what happened but why not try one more time.. third times a charm?" Laurel chuckled as they neared the car.

"Maybe, I don't know if she wants to now"

"We never know, you just have to try" Laurel smiled patting him on the back.

"You guys are finally back, we finished cleaning up" Isabel emerged from the kitchen towards the entrance with a broomstick in hand "How is it now?" Conrad questioned.

"Well I'm all bandaged up, and really tired can I help you guys with anything before I go upstairs?" Tatyana asked as she was being greeted with hugs from everyone "No no, go upstairs" Jeremiah smiled rushing her upstairs.

"Ok, ok I'm going" she said trekking up the stairs, Steven eyed her before staring back at his mom who nodded at him, encouraging him to go talk to her.

Steven followed behind her softly calling her name "Taty" Steven reached the top of the stairs catching her before she shut the bedroom door behind her.

"Steven, hey how can I help you" she awkwardly spoke staring at him, truth is he didn't know exactly what to say to her, he hesitated for a second as they made this eye contact.

"Uh.. let's talk?"

Tatyana nodded gesturing for him to follow her into her room, the tension started to build up the second he called her.

Tatyana plopped down onto the comfy bed ready to drift off into sleep, the plan was to hear whatever Steven had to say about her and sleep "This is our third talk off the day, what do you want"

"I'm willing to try to trust you again, I'm willing to be all in with you" Steven said as he closed the door behind him, waiting for a response "Why the change in heart?"

"Cause I don't want to let you go" He expressed, stepping over to where she was sitting, he towered over her forcing her to stare up at him "Why? I'm not worth it" Tatyana spoke in disbelief "You are, you're so worth it"

"I know you're going through shit, with your mom and I don't want you going through it alone" Steven whispered "I don't want to go through it alone either, I need you by my side.. but right now I don't want to talk about that" She responded.

"We don't have to talk about that then, what do you wanna talk about?"

"Nothing right now,"

"Can you just stay here with ne?" she softly spoke "Yeah" Steven said sitting down beside her and wrapping his arms around her "Come here" he whispered instructing her to lay down.

She laid down pulling the covers over both her and Steven, again she tightened her grip around him feeling afraid to let go, she only wanted to stay there with him forever.

The tears welled up in her eyes, turned out she wasn't done crying just yet "Steven I really don't want to go with her, I heard her say we're moving—"

"Tatyana you're not going with her, you're 18, you can make your own decision" he began rubbing her back "I know, but she's the one that provides me with everything I have, it's true.. what am I supposed to do?" Tatyana cried, tears wetting the bandage on her cheek.

"You're going to stay with Susannah, she never had an issue taking care of you, she loves you"

"I know I know, I just don't want to feel like a burden to her"

"She's been taking care of you for years, if you were a burden to her you would've known by now, you're not moving or going anywhere" Steven reassured her placing a kiss on her forehead, wiping her tears.

"What if that doesn't happen? what if I never get to see you again" her breathing was uneven "That's not going to happen Tatyana, I swear to you" he held her closer as she tangled her leg over top of his.

As the night went on Taty calmed down again, the two spent hours talking about everything and anything and Steven tried his best to keep her grounded and to keep her thoughts off the situation.

"You tired yet?" Steven asked staring down at the pretty girl who laid on top of him with her head on his chest "Nah, are you?" Tatyana yawned placing a hand over her mouth.

"Kind of, but I'll stay up for you" he grinned rubbing her lower back "No it's okay, go sleep I can just watch tik toks" she replied pulling out her phone.

"Or you can turn off your phone and we can go to sleep together," He said running his fingers through her straightened hair "I guess we can do that too" she chuckled, still sounding a bit stuffy up from the crying.

She moved from on top of him to snuggle up under his arms "You can put your legs on me if you want" he whispered "Mhm" Tatyana placed her leg on him getting very comfortable.

she missed being able to be with Steven, this always reminded her how much of a sweetheart he was, he did everything for her comfort even if it made him uncomfortable, because he loved her.

"Goodnight Steven" she spoke softly "Night Taty" he placed a kiss on her cheek before they both fell asleep.

calm before the storm starts now.. 🤫