35

Tatyana looked herself up and down in the mirror, satisfied with the look, she finally brought herself out of her little slum and decided to freshen up for the first time since the break up, which was only a day ago but whatever.

She'd decided to put on her black sundress that fit her perfectly and even though her hair would frizz up because of the humidity outside she decided to straighten it, because Steven once told her he liked her better with curly hair.

She'd slept in for a while, by the time she was finished her hair it was almost three in the afternoon. Trotting down the steps of the beach house she walked into the kitchen to see Isabel with a beer and a ice cream sandwich in hand "weird combo." Tatyana looked at her in confusion.

"Hey, I think Steven knows that I'm not at Taylor's house," Belly announced completely disregarding her first comment "how?" Tatyana asked, sitting down at one of the chairs by the island.

"Because, he said Taylor is a horrible liar and he knows I'm not at her house, now he's blowing up my phone," Isabel but down on her bottom look nervously "you better make sure that boy doesn't call me asking about you." Tatyana crossed her arms.

"This isn't about that Tatyana, how am I supposed to tell him that I'm in cousins?"

"Just don't, block his ass like I did," the girl laughed, running her fingers through her hair "blocking people doesn't solve problems for me," she claimed "hm, it's just a suggestion."

Tatyana watched the girl take a sip from the beer "day drinking? without me? you're fake," she reached over the island counter grabbing a can as well "sorry I forgot to wake you, I thought your alcoholic ass would smell it." she shrugged.

"Wanna get slapped?" Tatyana spoke in a joking manner causing Isabel to laugh "remember when we fought last summer!" Belly began to burst out in laughter "yeah you were drunk and deluded." Tatyana grinned, before bursting into laughter with her.

"I'm sorry I fought you on your birthday though, we'll do better this year." Isabel said, her laughter dying down "no worries cause I did beat your ass, now you know better." Tatyana shrugged.

"Alright, not too much!" Isabel said finishing up the rest of her beer, already woozy, Tatyana being a lightweight was getting there "where is everyone?"

"Conrad's upstairs in his room and I think Jeremiah is in the back chilling," Isabel answered "how'd talking to him go?" she then asked "it didn't go cause he's stubborn, I think you know that." she rolled her eyes, knowing Jeremiah could do a better job at moving him.

"Probably better than anyone else. I know he's upset with me but I don't want him to be a dropout," Isabel expressed, she still cared for the boy even after their break up "have you talked to him about everything since the funeral?" Tatyana questioned.

Conrad had already told her everything, about how Isabel said she hated him at his mother's funeral, she was there at the funeral but she was just upstairs, she wanted to be alone just her and her thoughts.

After hearing everything she was quite disappointed, she knew Belly was hurting but at the end of the day it wasn't an excuse to be horrible to people.

"What am I going to say?" Isabel raised her hands as she shrugged her shoulders "tell him you're sorry for what you did, and don't try to make excuses for yourself either." Tatyana advised her, finishing up her beer she threw the empty can in the recycling,

"I know you're right, I'm just scared." she admitted and then the two stood in silence for a second "let's go get out belly buttons pierced," Tatyana blurted out "Don't I need a parent for that?" Belly questioned, lifting her shirt and looking at her belly button "no, you're sixteen, they're just gonna make you sign some paperwork." she informed, and then Belly started believing it was a great idea.

"I hope this isn't a decision I'm making cause I'm drunk but sure let's do it!" Isabel agreed, now hellbent on getting that belly piercing.

"Let me change my clothes and I'll be right back!" She grinned happily but carefully skipping up the stairs

"Wow, how pretty are these," Isabel smiled brightly as she gently fiddled with the charm on her new piercing "and only for twenty dollars, they're so cute!" Tatyana agreed, they were approaching the gate to the house.

It was a twenty minute walk from the town to the house and they decided to walk it instead of driving while drunk, it was worth it because the piercings were cuter than ever

"Laurel is going to kill me when she sees this though," Belly remembered how her mom reacted when she walked in on her trying to give herself a second ear piercing "oh god, good luck to you!" Tatyana laughed as the approached the house.

As they steppd into the house they heard chatter from the dining room, Tatyana grabbed her hand and took her over "Guess who got their belly buttons pierced!" Tatyana excitedly spoke as they lifted their shirts showing off the piercings.

"Laurel's gonna kill you," a voice that the both of them knew spoke, looking up the both of them saw Steven and Taylor sitting at the table with a box of donuts in front of them "when did you get here." Isabel asked, she looked like she'd been spoked, and Tatyana was completely avoiding eye contact with him, her mood being killed.

"Ok but those are so cute, sorry," Taylor interrupted staring at the girls piercings, and everyone at the table looked at them both like they were fed up "ok, what happened?" Isabel's excited mood went down.

"There's nothing we can do about the house," Jeremiah spoke, he sounded defeated "That's not true, like I said.. as long I'm here no one is selling this house." Conrad shrugged leaning back into his chair, they sat in silence.

Then Tatyana and Steven locked eyes, she wanted to feel nothing at all when she exchanged looks with him, she wanted to feel numb, something other than hurt and pain every time she saw him or even thought about him.

Looking at him she could see the regret in his eyes, he was screaming 'I want you back' without even having to say anything at all, she swallowed hard, without speaking she turned and made her way right up the stairs.

The anger coursed through her body, she was so triggered she didn't even realize it, stomping up the stairs and slamming the door mindlessly as if she was in another world.

she was tired of asking the same 'why' question to guys, she was tired of asking every guy she dated why they couldn't be with her, why she was never enough, why they could never just stick with her and her alone, why?

It was a funny feeling, the one who she'd had a thing for since junior year of high school hurt her like this, they way she'd hurt other people in the past the way she hurt him, Steven had done it to her in a couple seconds, shattered her heart in a couple seconds.

"What happened with you two?" Jeremiah asked, noticing the tension that everyone else did.. Steven looked over at him "we broke up." he announced, aside from Isabel and Taylor, Conrad and Jere were shocked.

"what? since when, didn't she just go see you for your graduation?" Conrad questioned, he never expected those two to split after all those years of liking each other "yeah, but he's an idiot and he cheated on her." Isabel spoke sternly, shooting her brother a dirty look before following behind Tatyana.

Steven let out a harsh breath, running his hands over his face, he regretted ever even asking her to go on a break, none of this would've happened if they knew how to communicate properly.

-
GO READ MY NEW STEVEN BOOK IT'LL BE BETTER THAN THIS ONE MWAHH THANK U ALL FOR 69K READSSS💪🏽