( waking up )

Chapter 37

Nevaeh woke up screaming, her body was covered in sweat. She sat up straight in bed finding her roommates awake as well. Lavender and Parvati weren't even trying to hide their laughter.

Nevaeh jumped out of bed, wiping sweat off her brow. She opened the door in a hurry but nearly screamed again at the sight of Hermione in front of her door.

Hermione squinted her eyes at the sight of Nevaeh's state.

"Hermione?"

"It's Ron, something's happened."

Confused but concerned Nevaeh followed Hermione through the corridors. Nevaeh's heart was still beating fast, feeling like she was still stuck in that nightmare.

"Hermione what's happened?"

Hermione sighed, looking worried. While walking fast she told about how Ron had eaten some chocolates filled with a love potion. Apparently Romilda Vane had meant them for Harry to eat but now it had been Ron that had become instantly smitten with the girl.

Still Nevaeh couldn't understand why Hermione was so worried, a simple antidote could have fixed the problem. It wasn't until she explained how professor Slughorn had accidentally given him a bottle filled with a poison instead of the antidote that she started running towards the medical corridor.

Hermione ran after her but almost lost sight of the small brunette because she ran too fast.

The corridor was barely lit but she could clearly recognize her boyfriend. With her eyes filled with tears she stood besides the bed, her hand grasping his, completely oblivious to Harry sitting besides the bed.

"Nevaeh, he's going to be ok."

"But the poison.."

"It's alright, Harry saved him just in time." Hermione said, sounding out of breath.

"How?" A tear had escaped Nevaeh's eyes, looking questionable at her friends.

"A bezoar. I read about it somewhere." Harry answered.

Nevaeh sighed in relieve. She sat down on the small space that was left for her to sit on the bed, Ron occupied the entirety of the bed.

She rested her forehead into his shoulder. Fear was taking control of her entire body but also slowly leaving as she could hear his heartbeat becoming more evident.

She cried silently for minutes, oblivious to her friends leaving her side. They decided it was best to leave her be. They knew Ron was going to be ok.

She caressed his cheek, tugging some hair away from his face. She trailed the creases on his face with her fingers.

"I never want to lose you." She whispered, a tear fell onto his forehead. She wiped it away with her thumb and kissed his left temple.

Nevaeh stayed with him for the rest of the night, trying not to fall asleep. She dared not to close her eyes and lose sight of him. But nonetheless her body got the best of her, she had fallen asleep.

It wasn't until the sun rose again that she realized. Her body ached from the uncomfortable position she had been sleeping in. But it was barely unnoticeable when she realized Ron still hadn't woken up.

A few hours passed, madam Pomfrey stopped by several times to check on Ron. She reassured Nevaeh that he was going to be ok. Harry and Hermione had brought Nevaeh some breakfast, they stayed for a while and talked about the upcoming exams saying how Ron wouldn't mind missing them.

  The slightest grin appeared on Nevaeh's face but it disappeared almost instantly when she heard a worried voice entering the room.

  "No, my won-won.."

  Nevaeh furrowed her eyebrows and squeezed Ron's hand a little bit tighter.

  "Lavender maybe you should leave." Harry said.
Lavender placed a finger on her lips, signing Harry to be quiet.

  Nevaeh was about to speak up to tell Lavender to go away when Ron started to mumble some words. Nevaeh leaned closer.

  "Listen, he knows I'm here. I'm here, Won-won." Lavender said stepping closer.

"Doubt that." Harry mumbled.

  Nevaeh rubbed her thumb over Ron's hand.

  "Nevaeh." Ron finally said it clearly. Lavender huffed annoyedly and ran off to hide her tears.

  Nevaeh couldn't help but smile and leaned closer to kiss his forehead she felt the warmth of his skin touching her lips. In response she felt him squeeze her hand ever so slightly.

  She let go of a sigh in relief, he really was going to be ok.