( she's a killer )

Chapter 13

"Stunning, is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's sort of a wizards bread and butter, really. So, come on then, Nigel, give me your best shot." Harry said, standing several feet opposite of Nigel Wolpert.

Nevaeh stood lined up with the rest, watching the scene unfold. She was excited to work her magic and use her wand again. She couldn't wait for it to be her turn and show everyone what she got.

"Stupefy!" Nigel shouted and Harry flew backwards, falling hard onto his back. Everyone was quite shocked how easily Nigel did it like it was nothing.

"Good, good, not bad at all." Harry mumbled as he tried to get up after a painful fall. Harry scrambled to his feet and straightened his posture.

"Alright, who's next?" Harry asked, waiting for any volunteers. Nevaeh stepped forwards, shyly even though she couldn't wait to work her magic.

"Great, Nev. Anyone else?"

"I'm not gonna fight her, who knows who she kills next." a whisper was heard from the row of people. Nevaeh looked up and felt hear stomach forming a tight knot at the sudden accusation.

Ron leaped forwards, balling his fists and standing in front of Nevaeh in a protective manner.

"Who had the nerve to say something as disgusting?" he scowled. The room fell silent and a blonde girl raised her hand, a grimace on her face as she eyed at the small brunette. Nevaeh remembered her from one of her classes, Lavender Brown. Stunning girl but that was all Nevaeh knew, she had learned not to judge anyone by looks.

Ron stepped forwards, clenching his jaw when Nevaeh grabbed his arm to hold him back.

"Ron—"

"No, she can't just say something like that."

"It's only the truth. I mean look at her, she's just like her father." Lavender said smirking and her girlfriends giggled in response.

"Don't talk about my father, you know nothing." Nevaeh snapped back. If it came to her it didn't matter what they would say but when it came to people she cared about she wouldn't hesitate a second for speaking up.

"What? It's all over the news, people are disappearing and it's because of mass murderer Sirius Black." one of Lavender's friends said, crossing her arms over her chest confidently.

"Stop it! We can't just keep accusing people of things and judging them. It's ignorant to believe everything that's been said in the papers and on the radio. It's these times that we should stick together and fight with each other, not against each other." Harry defended and Lavender instantly backed away. Everyone in the room nodded in agreement and mumbled a quiet yes.

Lavender and her friends guiltily looked at the ground. Words about her father weren't forgotten that quickly but Nevaeh knew there was no point in fighting against an ignorant opinion of some girl. Though it did take her aback a little and she stepped back in line.

"From now on, I don't want to hear any unnecessary accusations anymore. We're all on the same side here so work together. Now, let's get on."

Ron noticed how Nevaeh slid her wand back into her pocked, done with fighting for the day. He took it upon himself and volunteered to fight next.

He and Hermione were up, both stretching their wands forwards, aimed at each other. Nevaeh took a deep breath, trying to keep things positive and placed herself in between George and Fred. The two were betting on who'd beat the other.

"One sickle on Hermione." Nevaeh mumbled. Fred and George smirked down at the brunette saying in unison "You're on."

Although Nevaeh hoped Ron would win, she knew there was no way. Hermione was fast and good with any type of spells. She knew Ron stood no chance against the curly headed girl and that's exactly what happened.

"Stupefy!"

Ron was pushed into the air, gasping as he crashed onto his back. It took some grunting before he scrambled back to his feet, acting like he didn't just get beaten.

Nevaeh held her hands up and smirked saying "Pay up, Weasleys." Reluctantly the twins payed Nevaeh her rightfully earned sickles and shoved them in her pocket. Ron slouched towards them, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I let her do that." he said. The twins shook their heads and smirked "No, you didn't."

Nevaeh giggled and tugged her arm into Ron's. "Don't listen to them, Ron, you did great."

"You're an awful liar, Black." Fred joked, patting her on the head. Nevaeh rolled her eyes but couldn't stop herself from laughing. Ron slightly pushed her shoulder but found it quite amusing and relieving to see her smiling again after the short discussion.

He hated whenever people talked badly about her because they were all lies. They didn't know her like he did. She was much more than just her family name, so much more.