( a perfect christmas morning )

Chapter 16

  Nevaeh fluttered her eyes open and almost instantly her lips curled into a smile. She felt well rested and smelled fresh bakings coming from downstairs. She was about to get dressed when she found a pile of presents om the foot of her bed. With excitement the girl started opening them, carefully unwrapping the boxes.

She smiled widely opening a gift from Viktor, it was a completely new quidditch uniform and a note saying she should join the Gryffindor quidditch team because she had to much talent that was going to waste other wise. She was quite impressed with his nearly perfect English written on the small piece of paper, he definitely improved in that department.

She got some puking pastilles from Fred and George, telling her she should pull pranks on toad face with them more often. She grinned and made a mental note to make it happen. Ginny got her one of Newt Scamander's books, one Nevaeh had been dying to get. Hermione got her a black scarf and a matching hat and gloves. Remus gave a book about werewolves and Tonks gave one about magical creatures overall.

Lucy gave Nevaeh a beautiful red sweater and a journal they had talked about several times before. Harry got Nevaeh the exact same thing as she got him, a picture of the golden trio and Nevaeh. Sirius got his daughter a beautiful silver necklace with the charm of a letter N attached to it, she instantly put it around her neck and glanced down at it, admiring the piece of jewelry.

Her eyes seemed to searched through the wrappers but there weren't any other presents. She didn't want to be ungrateful but found out there was no gift of Ron. She shrugged it off, thinking he probably forgot like he always forgot many other things too. She changed into some muggle clothes and the red sweater she got from Lucy. She brushed through her long brown hair and smiled looking at the necklace around her neck. Her father had good taste.

She hopped down the stairs and was glad to find all the Weasleys, including mr Weasley sitting at the table. She stood besides her dad in the door opening and gave him a side hug.

"Thanks for the necklace, dad. I love it." Nevaeh said. Her father turned to her and smiled widely saying "It reminded me of you, both beautiful."

Nevaeh hugged her father once again until her eyes fell on the table full of breakfast. Her father nudged her to sit, grinning. She was about to sit in between Ron and Ginny when mrs Weasley pulled her into a bone breaking hug.

"Merry Christmas, Nev. I loved the matching aprons you got me and Arthur. Here's your present." mrs Weasley said and caressed her cheek before handing her a squishy package. She sat down at the table, smiling at Ron, her eyes falling on the green sweater she bought him.

"I knew it would look good on you." she said, smirking. Ron had to hide his blushing cheeks behind his hands and nervously glanced down at the gorgeous brunette as she unwrapped another gift. A black sweater was inside of it with a white letter 'N' patched onto the middle of it.

"Aha, you're officially part of the family now!" Mr Weasley announced excitingly looking at the knitted sweater in her small hands. Nevaeh smiled shyly but felt a warm feeling inside. She hadn't been happier in a long time, or could she get even happier?

After breakfast was over Ron pulled Nevaeh upstairs, telling her he had a surprise waiting in his room. She was about to protest when he closed the door behind her. He rummaged through his trunk and a small box appeared, nearly disappearing compared to the big size of his hands.

He opened it and pulled a silver bracelet out of it. Not only was the letter 'N' attached to it as a charm and a small heart but the letter 'R' as well. He grabbed her hand and gently placed the bracelet around her small wrist.

"I'm not really good with words but— I thought something this beautiful belonged on something with even more beauty." Ron's words made her knees weaken. The bracelet was beautiful and she would forever cherish it.

"Nev, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked and Nevaeh's eyes brightened up even more. She didn't hesitate a second and jumped into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck whilst her legs wrapped around his torso like a monkey. She pressed her lips against his as the definition of her answer. Besides, actions spoke louder than words, didn't they?