( putting the pieces together )

Chapter 29

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?" asked McGonagall.

"Like I said, she left to go to the loo and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important that she'd deliver it."

"Did she say to whom?"

"To Professor Dumbledore."

"Very well, thank you, Leanne. You may go." Professor McGonagall then turned to the rest of the students, three of which being awfully familiar with the scene of trouble. Nevaeh stood there, arms crossed looking at the Professor from underneath her long thick eyelashes.

"Why is it when something happens it is always you three?"

The redhead, Ron Weasley answered "Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years."

All of the sudden a teacher barged into the room, his black cloak being pushed back by the wind brushing past it.

"Oh, Severus."

Snape's eyes moved between Harry and Professor Mcgonnagal. His face showed a scowl and he flicked a piece of his coal black hair back. He pulled his wand out and examined the piece of jewelry.

"What do you think?"

"I think miss Bell is lucky to be alive,"

"She was cursed, wasn't she? I know Katie, off the pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly." explained Harry.

"Yes, she was cursed."

"It was Malfoy."

That's when Nevaeh realized, Malfoy was carrying something in his hands when he hurried into the Three Broomsticks. She was too busy calling him names that she completely forgot about the suspicion on his face.

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter."

"Indeed. Your evidence?" asked Snape.

"I just know."

"You just know, you astonish with your gift, Potter. Gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the chosen one."

"I suggest you to go back to your dormitories. All of you." Professor McGonagall said strictly.

Nevaeh left the classroom in a hurry, her legs moving faster than she thought was possible.

"Nevaeh, wait!" she heard Harry and Ron call out for her but she had other things to worry about.

Slowly but finally she had put the pieces together, Malfoy wasn't just acting weird, he was definitely planning something big and that meant nothing good at all. The only two questions that remained were what he needed from the room of requirements and who ordered him to assassinate headmaster Dumbledore.

When she got to the stairs, ready to run down and enter the dungeons to confront Malfoy, she felt a hand covering her mouth and another pinning her arms behind her back. She took a sharp breath and tried to kick back with her legs but the impact didn't do much. She struggled to get her wand but the person held her arms too tightly.

Her heart was beating fast and loud, she was sure the person behind her could feel it too. She even tried biting the person's hand but when she did the person merely groaned. She was pulled back until a door closed and she was surrounded by complete darkness. But the worst part was, her wand had been removed from her pocket. It wasn't the darkness that scared her, or not knowing who stood in front of her and why but it was the fear of not being able to do anything about it.

"Who's there?" her nervous voice broke the silence.

"I know you've been watching me."