( Rudolph the red nose reindeer )

Chapter 14

After Neville successfully disarmed someone for the first time, the last training of Dumbledore's army before the holidays was over. Nevaeh decided to hang out with Lucy for a while, since she wouldn't see until after the holidays were over.

The two went for a walk in the snow outside, around the castle, their arms connected as usual. They had gotten quite close and shared a mutual interest in many different things, including magical creatures.

"I'm excited to go home again but I'm not quite jumping at the thought of hearing mom going on and on about how she doesn't trust Harry."

"And me."

"That's not true."

"Come on, Lucy, you and me both know she hates me. Your brother even dislikes me."

"Well, I don't care. They can shove it!" Lucy exclaimed. Nevaeh giggled and leaned her head onto the girl's shoulder for a second. The two were the exact same height which was rare for Nevaeh to be around anyone as short as her.

"I can't believe you actually kissed Ron Weasley, twice! I don't think he ever had a girlfriend before."

"I'm not his girlfriend— yet."

"Oh my god! I knew it, you're smitten." Lucy squealed in excitement and side hugged Nevaeh. There was no denying it, Ron made her feel special. With him she felt things she had never felt before.

"You need to make things work with, Dean, I want double dates." Nevaeh smirked. Lucy fake gagged which made Nevaeh laugh loudly.

"He's my brother's best friend, I could never."

"He's kind of cute."

"Yeah, right, if you like people like my brother. Yikes!" Lucy scrunched her nose up and raised an eyebrow when Nevaeh laughed even harder. Lucy let go of her arm and pushed a strand of her black hair behind her ear before leaning down and making a ball of snow between her hands.

Before Nevaeh could react she was attacked and a snowball hit her directly in the face. Lucy cackled seeing the girl's bewildered face but quickly took coverage when Nevaeh regained herself. She propped snow into a ball and threw it directly into Lucy's coal black hair.

After another attempt Lucy lost her balance and fell straight on her back in a pile of white snow. Giggling Nevaeh dropped herself on the snow next to Lucy, spreading her arms out. They looked up at the sky and try to catch their breaths. But once they shared another look they busted into a fit of laughter.

After a freezing snow fight Nevaeh tried to warm herself by the fire. Lucy couldn't stop shivering and decided to take a hot shower instead. The golden trio soon joined her and looked at her with questioning looks.

"What happened to you, Rudolph?" Ron asked, taking the tip of her nose between his fingers and squeezing it. Hermione and Harry shared a look, their connection didn't go unnoticed by anyone. Nevaeh grinned and leaned against his arm as he sat down besides her, instantly feeling his warmth.

"Got any things you'd want to share with us, Harry?" Nevaeh asked and looked at the brunet sitting in front of her. Harry raised his eyebrows and opened his mouth to speak when Ron interrupted him chuckling "Don't deny it, we saw you leaving that room with Cho. So, how was it?"

"Wet— I mean she was sort of crying."

"That bad at it, Harry?" Ron asked, grinning way too obvious. Nevaeh pinched his arm but Ron barely felt it.

"I'm sure Harry's kissing was more than satisfactory, Cho spends half her time crying these days." Hermione stated.

"You'd think a bit of snogging would cheer her up." Ron chuckled to himself, earning another pinch from Nevaeh.

"Don't you understand how she must be feeling? Obviously she's feeling sad about Cedric, therefore confused about liking Harry and guilty about kissing him, conflicted because Umbridge is threatening of firing her mom at the ministry and frightened of giving into love because she's so worried about everything else." Hermione rambled so fast, Nevaeh could barely hear the words.

"One person can feel all that, they'd explode."

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon."

Nevaeh couldn't stop herself anymore and after looking Hermione in the eyes the two bursted into laughter. Ron and Harry chuckled but found the sight of the two girls laughing together even more amusing than the actual joke.

  The two weren't normally like this with each other so it was relieving to see them laughing together instead of refusing to even talk to each other.

The guys had never understood what they held against each other but even Nevaeh herself was unsure. At first she thought it was just because they didn't know each other but eventually that didn't even make sense anymore. Maybe Hermione just didn't like anyone else in their friend group, maybe the golden trio was called that way for a reason in her eyes. Nevaeh had no idea but for a moment they just forgot about it and laughed.