( breaking the rules )

Chapter 11

  Nevaeh sat in front of the fireplace, her legs pulled up to her chest. Ron stared at her back, admiring every detail about her whilst Hermione continued her furious rage about the new defense against the dark arts teacher.

  "Foul, evil, gargoyle! We're not learning how to defend ourselves, we're not learning how to pass our O.W.Ls. She's taking over the entire school!"

  Nevaeh grinned to herself hearing Hermione's frustration and looked over her shoulder when Harry turned the volume of the radio up.

  "Further more, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of a notorious mass murderer, Sirius Black."

  Nevaeh gasped and jumped up furiously. She balled her fists and was ready to break the radio into pieces when the fireplace started talking. Nevaeh jumped and nearly fell on her bum until her name was called after Harry's.

  "Harry! Nevaeh!" it sounded like her father. She was utterly confused and sat on her knees. Her father's face appeared in the red flames of the fire. Her eyebrows knitted together as she leaned forwards to see if her mind was or wasn't playing tricks on her.

  "Dad?" she asked.

  "Sirius? What are you doing here?" Harry asked, concern laced in his voice. He sat down next to Nevaeh looking into the fireplace. Ron and Hermione stood behind them, basically breathing in their necks.

  "Answering your letter, Harry. You said you were worried about Umbridge, what's she doing?"

  "Better question, what isn't she doing?" Nevaeh muttered in disgust. Sirius couldn't help but grin and glance at his daughter that he so desperately missed.

  "She's not letting us use magic at all!" Harry said.

  "Well, I'm not surprised. Latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat."

  "Combat? What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?" Ron asked.

  "That's exactly what he thinks, that Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, but things aren't going at all well with the order. These disappearances is just as how it started before. Voldemort is on the move."

  Nevaeh got shivers hearing her father saying it out loud. It didn't come as a surprise to her but hearing it out loud made it even more real than ever.

  "What can we do?" asked Nevaeh but suddenly a thud was heard behind them.

  "Someone's coming! I'm sorry, I can't be of more help. But for now at least, it looks like you're on your own." and with that Sirius disappeared again.

  "He really is out there, isn't he?" asked Hermione, looking afraid at the realization. Nevaeh turned around, getting goosebumps as the rain poured onto the windows. "We've got to be able to defend ourselves, if Umbridge refuses to teach us how then we need someone who will."

  Nevaeh knew exactly who she meant. Harry had all the skills and experience in battle. He was exactly who everyone needed to improve themselves but Harry as usual seemed bewildered and not at all convinced.

  "She's right, I know I could use all the help I can get and I know many others will too." Nevaeh said and climbed to her feet, Ron nodded hesitantly. The two shared a short look and both felt themselves even more attracted towards each other by the minute.