( broken )

Chapter 21

A tall black haired man held his wand against Nevaeh's throat. Her heart was beating fast as she tried to search for her wand but it wasn't in reach. The man leaned closer and whispered in her ear "Don't move, doll face." It gave her shivers down her spine.

Her eyes scanned around and she found all of her friends apart from Harry were trapped by the other death eaters. She made eye contact with Ron, who groaned and began fighting the grip of the death eater as soon as he saw his trapped girlfriend.

"Did you actually believe, or were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple for you, Potter." Lucius Malfoy spoke "Give me the prophecy, now or watch your friends die."

"Don't give it to him, Harry!" shouted Neville. Nevaeh breathed heavily as the wand was harshly pressed against her throat. She had to stop herself from shaking in fear.

Harry moved his hand upwards and reluctantly gave the prophecy to Lucius Malfoy. But in the blink of an eye someone appeared in front of them. Nevaeh had to blink several times to realize who it was. Her father stood besides Lucius.

"Get away from my godson."

Nevaeh's lips curled into a grin and with a swift movement she pushed the death eater off her. All the members of the order of the phoenix appeared inside. Jinxes and stunning spells were being shot around. Nevaeh ducked down behind a rock, dodging a stunning spell by an inch. She breathed heavily and raised her wand. She jumped up and faced one of the death eaters.

"Stupefy!" she shouted and the death eater was pushed in the air and fell back on the ground several feet away.

"That's my daughter!" Sirius shouted proudly and found his way to her side. They had no time to hug but smiled widely at each other.

"Expelliarmus!" shouted Harry and Lucius Malfoy was disarmed. Sirius grinned proudly saying "Nice one, James!"

"Avada Kedavra!" a green streak of light erupted from Bellatrix Lestrange her wand. It travelled through the air and hit someone right in the chest.

"Dad!" Nevaeh screamed, echoing through the room. Her face lost all its colour. It was as if someone stabbed her continuously in her chest. She watched her father's body becoming lifeless and floating through the archway. A cold scream erupted from her throat. She leaped forwards, wanting to run into the archway but someone held her back. Someone held their arms around her.

She cried continuously, painful sobs vibrating through her sore body. She dropped onto her knees and punched her fists against the ground. She could feel her fingers breaking at the movement but the physical pain was nothing compared to her heart that was broken.

A cold cackle caught her attention and she knew exactly who it was. She pushed the person who held her back and found out it was Ron. She didn't meet his eyes and jumped to her feet. She ran out of the room, her hands bleeding as she pressed her nails into the palms of her hands. She aimed her wand forwards and ran after the monster who killed her father.

"I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix giggled in a devilish manner. Nevaeh's blood was boiling as she pointed her wand at the woman's head.

"Crucio!" she shouted and Bellatrix fell onto the ground, screaming as she felt the pain of the curse shooting through her body like a burning fire. Nevaeh watched the woman squirm in pain and opened her mouth to speak the most feared words that existed.

"Avad—"

"Nevaeh!" Harry shouted and pushed Nevaeh onto the ground. Nevaeh was about to protest when she saw a dark figure appearing behind them. It was the most feared wizard in the entire world, he-who-must-not-be-named.

"Voldemort.." mumbled Nevaeh. Harry who still looked shocked about what could've happened had he not stopped Nevaeh was pale as a sheet of paper.

"So weak." said Voldemort in an almost whisper. Nevaeh jumped to her feet snd stood besides Harry, their wands stretched out forwards.

"It was foolish of you to come her tonight, Tom."

Nevaeh looked over her shoulder and saw the old wizard coming out of the green fire.

"The aurors are on their way."

"By which time I shall be gone and you shall be dead." Voldemort grinned devilishly.

Dumbledore pushed both Nevaeh and Harry onto ground before the light erupted from his and Voldemort's wand. Nevaeh groaned and pressed her broken hands against the tiled wall. It left bloody handprints but she paid no attention to her pain. Her eyes searched for Bellatrix whilst Voldemort and Dumbledore were in battle. She climbed to her feet even though Harry tried to stop her.

Before she could do anything she watched Bellatrix leave through the portway. She wanted to run after her when she fell onto the ground again and hit her head against harshly on the floor. Her sight became blurry as she blinked rapidly to try and regain her consciousness.

She could hear Harry's vague cries and felt herself drifting further away. She could see her father's eyes as she blinked through her tears. She wanted it all to be a nightmare, like the nightmares she always experienced. She wanted to wake up and everything would be alright. She wanted her father to embrace her into his arms one more time. She needed him to be alive. She had barely gone through the pain once, she thought she couldn't do it again.

Slowly she gave into the black darkness. Her heavy eyes closing, numbing the pain that was roaring through her body like an extremely painfully hot fire.   It was like her father covered her eyes and held her closely to numb the pain. Even though that was just an imagination it was all she had to hold onto. Because deep down she knew he wasn't coming back. Both her parents were gone and all she had now were the memories and the gaping holes in her heart, a pain that would possibly never leave. Sirius Black was gone and he wasn't coming back.