( back home )

Chapter 15

  A knock on the bedroom door awoke Nevaeh from a deep slumber. Sleeping had finally become easier for her as the nightmares came less often but this time it weren't the nightmares who shook her awake.

She dreamily limped towards the door and rubbed the sleep from her eyes before opening it up. A wide awake looking Ron stood in the door opening. His face was pale and he seemed worried about something. The haziness cleared from Nevaeh's mind and she stepped forwards.

"Ron, is everything alright?"

"It's dad, he's— there was an attack at the ministry. He's in St Mungo's right now, getting medical care."

"What? Attacked? What happened?"

"I don't know exactly but we're going there now. I'm sorry I just wanted to let you know."

"No, of course—"

"Ron, we really have to go." George said, poking his head around the corner of the corridor. Ron nodded and turned to leave when Nevaeh stopped him. Before he could do anything she pressed herself against his chest, hugging him tightly.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine." Nevaeh whispered reassuringly. Ron gave her a faint smile and squeezed her tightly before hurrying after his brothers. All Nevaeh could do is wait and hope for mr Weasleys well-being.

She only slept for an hour until she was awoken by Lucy's trunk closing with a loud thud. Nevaeh looked up and looked at her fully dressed friend. She didn't want to worry Lucy and hugged her goodbye for the holidays.

As the morning began Nevaeh packed her clothes and got ready to head home. Hermione filled her in on the nights occurrence and told her how Harry had a vision about what happened to mr Weasley. He was attacked by a snake, to be more exact, it seemed to be Voldemort's snake. But from the recent updates they found out mr Weasley was going to be fine and maybe even spent Christmas with them, for now he had to spent several days in the hospital, healing from his wounds.

....

She felt nervous entering the house for the second time. Not only would she see her friends again but her father too. They had exchanged several letters but it was much different than having a real life conversation.

She was quite surprised to find the entire place decorated. She rushed inside and plopped her trunk in the hallway. The door opened and Sirius poked his head inside. Letting out a squeak Nevaeh leaped towards her father and buried her face into his chest. She would've never thought before it was possible to long so much for her father's hug.

The two headed inside and Nevaeh was glad to find her friends sitting at the table. She had arrived a day later at the house because she completely forgot to buy presents for everyone and took a day to visit Diagon Alley. It was quite the trip, she had never visited it before.

  She sent her gifts off to her friends by owls, some to her friends in Bulgaria including one of her best friends Viktor Krum, she sent a book of magical creatures and a charmed bracelet to Lucy Finnigan, a box of chocolate frogs to Neville Longbottom because he had helped her several times with finding her way around the castle, she sent a leathered notebook to Hermione, a scarf to Ginny, some candy to the Weasley twins, matching cooking aprons for mr and mrs Weasley, several books for Remus and Tonks, a picture frame for Harry with a picture in it of the golden trio and herself, to her dad she sent a brand new suit, several ties and a jar of notes he could read for the next three hundred and sixty five days and finally she sent seasonal tickets for the quidditch world cup to Ron and a navy green sweater she thought would suit him really nicely. At the end of the day she was exhausted but nearly forgot a very important person, one who brought her into this new life, Dumbledore. She wrote him a letter to personally thank him and explain how much Hogwarts has done for her. She also took a picture of the beautiful castle, at a moment when the sun was perfectly seen behind its walls and the colors were more vibrant than ever.

  Her father wrapped an arm around her shoulder but once Ron caught sight of the girl he didn't take long before he found himself close to her, embracing her into his big arms. Both let go of a breath they didn't realize they had been holding and felt themselves becoming calmer with the presence of one another.

They must've been hugging for quite some time because by the time they pulled back everyone gawked at them in shock.

"Don't mind, Ronniekins, he's in love." George joked, Fred gave him a high five and the others grinned at them besides Ron of course, whom gave them each a light slap in the face.

Nevaeh rolled her eyes at her smirking father and sat down next to him, ready to enjoy the delicious looking dinner.