( Ron )

Chapter 25

Ron's POV

Dear Nev,

I just heard you arrived at your uncle's house in Bulgaria. It's good to know you're safely with your family.

I can't imagine what you're going through and how hard it must be for you. I've never been good with words, which you know, but I just wanted you to know that I wish there was something I could do to help.

I don't expect to hear back from you. Take this time for yourself but know that I care a lot about you.

Love,

Ron.

-

Dear Nevaeh,

I hope I'm not annoying you with all these letters, I just miss talking to you.

It's quiet around here, not much to do lately. Fred and George are busy with the joke shop so they aren't around much. When they are here we practice quidditch together but that's all really.

Harry won't be here until the end of the month. At least I'd have someone fun to be around if he were here but now I'm stuck with Ginny who's really starting to get on my nerves.

Anyways I don't want to bother you with my problems. How have you been? I wish I could come visit or see you in any possible way but I know it's for the best like this.

I miss you and think about you every day.

Ron

-

Nevaeh,

I hope you're doing ok. It's boring without you here, unless you think having Hermione blabbering to you about books is entertaining.

I received my results today from the O.W.L.s exams, I only failed Divination and History of Magic, can you believe it? I bet it's because you helped me study. I don't really mind having failed those two subjects, I hated them anyways.

My brother Bill surprised us with some big news a few days ago, he's engaged to Fleur Delacour. Mum doesn't really like her, just like Ginny and Hermione but I don't really care much.

All I can think about is how much I wish you were here but I hope you're having fun in Bulgaria. Your family must be happy to have you back for a while.

School's starting soon, I can't wait to play quidditch again. I'm hoping to make the team but it would make it easier to have you cheering on the tribunes for me. Are you coming back to Hogwarts? It wouldn't be the same without you.

I miss you.

Ron

-

"Her uncle sent a letter, says she spends most of her days outside by herself. He wrote she's getting better every day." I overheard mom telling dad. It had been weeks without any sign of her existence. It was like in one day she completely vanished into thin air.

"That's good news, the kids could use some good news. Especially Ron." Dad spoke in a relieving tone.

I could hear mom sigh deeply laced by worry.

"I've never seen him like this, he's not sleeping, I can tell from the look in his eyes—" mom sniffed. I could hear some shuffling in the room. Dad was probably comforting her.

"He'll be ok, Molly. This news will cheer him up right away." I could hear dad mumbling some more but I decided I had heard enough.

It somewhat comforted me knowing she was with her family. I knew her father's death would've taken a toll on her but I wished she would write. I didn't want to have any expectations but it hurt how I had to hear from my mother whom didn't even hear it from Nevaeh herself but her uncle.

The past weeks had been tiring but I decided to focus on practicing quidditch.

Hermione wasn't much fun either, ever since she arrived at the burrow all she did was going on and on about all the books she had read over the summer holidays. Luckily I had Ginny to get Hermione to blabber to instead of me every now and then. I knew she probably only did it because she pitied me like everyone else in the house.

It had been hard without her. I thought about her every day and how difficult this time must be for her. I missed her terribly, ever since I met her my life had changed for the better and now she was gone again.

Honestly I couldn't wait for the next school year to start. Maybe she'd come? I doubted it since she would probably finish her last few school years at the Durmstrang institute. Maybe it was for the best. I couldn't think and be selfish, I just wanted what was best for Nevaeh even if that meant not seeing her.

"When did Harry get here?" I heard a muffled noise coming from downstairs belonging to my little sister.

"Harry? Which Harry?" Mom asked confused. I furrowed my eyebrows and began walking towards the stairs in a hurry.

"Harry Potter, of course. I was just wondering when he got here." Ginny said.

"Did someone say Harry got here?" I asked, hanging over the stair's railing.

"Me nosy, is he up there with you?" Ginny asked.

"Of course not, I think I'd know if my best friend was here."

An all too familiar owl hooted from downstairs, indicating that Harry couldn't be far away.

"Is that Harry's owl I heard?" another voice joined the conversation, I looked up and saw Hermione's curls dangling over the railing.

"Apparently he's wondering around the house." Ginny said.

"Really?" Harry asked.

All of us hurried downstairs to find Harry standing in the kitchen looking chipper. I felt myself getting more energetic the moment I saw my best friend. At least now the day would end on a good note.