( red cheeks )

Chapter 10

  After the kiss Nevaeh couldn't close an eye but this time it wasn't because of the nightmares, she couldn't stop thinking about him, Ron. It wasn't much different for Ron but at least he got a few of rest. Nevaeh took a long hot shower before happily strolling down the corridors, ready for breakfast.

When she entered the great hall, her eyes instantly caught the redhead. She felt her stomach fluttering at the thought of sitting besides him but that's when at once all the students started leaving the great hall in a hurry as if something was happening. The crowds surrounded her and she could not see her friends, considering how short she was. So, she followed the crowd, eager and curious to see what they were up to. She could hear whispers about Umbridge and Trelawney, professor of Divination.

She fastened her pace and stopped at the courtyard where everyone was gawking at something. She wiggled herself forwards and stopped to stand on her top toes once she saw what the commotion was about.

"What's happening?" she asked, whispering and was pleased to find Lucy, her roommate, standing besides her. Lucy smiled and tugged her arm into Nevaeh's. Lucy was about to open her mouth when Umbridge walked into the courtyard and stood opposite of poor Professor Trelawney. All of her belongings stood behind her in several trunks.

"Hogwarts is my home, y-you can't do this." cried Trelawney. Everyone felt awful for the woman. But Umbridge had her own ideas about the situation and was enjoying her power way too much. "Actually, I can." said the scrubby woman.

Professor McGonagall ran inside the courtyard with a bewildered face and comforted the poor Trelawney who couldn't stop crying.

"Something you'd like to say, dear?" the pink toad asked McGonagall.

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say." McGonagall said in frustration.

Abruptly, the tall wooden doors behind the students were opened and the headmaster revealed himself. Nevaeh had wondered when he'd show up, she hadn't seen him much lately and questioned his absence many times.

The old wizards stepped angrily into the courtyard but tried to keep it professional as always. Nevaeh smirked, Dumbledore never stopped impressing her.

"Professor McGonagall, may I ask you to escort Sybill back inside?"

"Oh, thank you, Albus." Trelawney sniffed and limped back inside with McGonagall. Umbridge raised her eyebrows, not looking too pleased with the situation.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of educational degree number twenty-three as in acted by the minister—"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers, you do not however have the authority to banish them from the grounds, that power remains with the headmaster."

Umbridge had the dashing audacity to say with too much pride and ego "For now." but it didn't shock Nevaeh as this was exactly what she had expected. Umbridge was only after one thing only, to get as much power under her thumb as possible.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" asked Dumbledore angrily and walked back inside the castle. Nevaeh sighed and looked at Lucy's shocked face.

"This is so wrong on too many levels, someone needs to put that woman on a leash." mumbled Lucy and pulled Nevaeh to walk with her. Nevaeh giggled but nodded in agreement. Arm in arm they strolled through the corridors.

"I can't understand the ministry, why would they allow such a toad to do such things at Hogwarts?" asked Nevaeh.

"They believe Dumbledore is incapable of handling the situation after he stated that you-know-who is back." Lucy sighed.

Nevaeh bit her lip and nodded but another situation slowly distracted her. Her eyes fell on the handsome redhead standing in front of the classroom door.

"Oh my god, you have to tell me everything." Lucy said, excitingly clapping her hands as she caught the brunette staring. Nevaeh shushed her by covering her mouth.

"Not the entire school needs to know."

"Needs to know what?" asked a deep voice behind her. She was confused at first until she turned around, looking at Malfoy standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. An cocky smirk was stuck on his face as he looked upon the small brunette.

"Nothing." said Nevaeh quickly and copied his straight posture. Malfoy stepped closer, intimidatingly close as he towered over her small frame. "You better tell me, Black."

"What are you going to do, Malfoy? Run straight to that toad like a scared little puppy?" Nevaeh asked, quite proud with her confident response.

Malfoy's eyes darkened and he stepped even closer. Nevaeh could smell his obnoxiously expensive robes and a minty cologne. The smirk on his face grew bigger as he saw her taking a step back. She mentally fist punched herself for being scared so easily and formed a scowl on her face.

"Who's the scared little puppy now?" asked Draco, a deep chuckle escaping his lips. Nevaeh opened her mouth to speak when someone pushed Malfoy away by a few steps.

"Leave her alone, Malfoy." Ron snapped and stood in front of Nevaeh in a protective manner. Nevaeh instinctively grabbed Ron's bicep, feeling herself calm down. Malfoy's expression changed and he furrowed his eyebrows at the redhead. "If it isn't boyfriend Weasley to the rescue, you two make me sick." Malfoy spat before pushing past Ron and stumping inside the classroom but not before glaring in Nevaeh's way one more time.

Nevaeh turned towards Ron and sighed looking into his eyes.

"I'm going to beat his ass one day." Ron groaned, glaring at Malfoy's back. Nevaeh smirked saying "I'm sure you will, I'll be watching when that happens."

Without realizing Nevaeh still held onto Ron's arm as they entered the classroom but as all the eyes turned to them in shock she quickly removed her hand and sat down with Lucy.

"Oh my god, what just happened?" Lucy asked, leaning closer. Nevaeh buried her blushing cheeks in the palms of her hands and tried to ignore the whispers and stares.

"So, are you and Weasley like a thing now?" Lucy asked once more. Nevaeh wanted to fist punch the air but decided to remain calm and pay attention her now very interesting book.

"You're so in love." Lucy whispered and let out an amused giggle, for once Nevaeh wished for her to keep quiet.