Chapter Twenty-Nine

Mila

I've been so busy with homework, exams, and essays, and Damien's been so busy with work that we haven't seen each other in a week.

Yes, we see each other before bed, but just barely since one of us is too tired to do anything. I've been stressed out about my exams while Damien's work life's been hectic as he finds a replacement for me while trying to broker out this deal with another company.

It's been chaotic and the few kisses we shared before bed we're doing it for either of us. We missed the feel of each other and that's why I thought I'd surprise him with a homecooked dinner tonight after work, including dessert of course.

I'd light some candles, buy some rose petals, wear sexy lingerie, the whole nine yards. Damien always is the one that plans our dates, our trips, and even the way we act out any sort of play together. I wanted to take the initiative tonight.

I wanted to be the one that goes all out. I didn't mind when Damien went all out for our dates, because it made me feel special, loved, and taken care of. Every date he's ever orchestrated between us was romantic and beautiful and simple.

I didn't like flashy things and Damien always took a simple idea and made it bigger and better for me. Every experience I've experienced with Damien was fresh and new and beautiful all at the same time.

He made me feel special and seen in every touch, kiss, and smile he offered me. It wasn't even about the sex. I missed the closeness, the emotional connection I felt with Damien when we were intimate.

Being with Damien made my heart happy in a way that I never thought could be. It wasn't even about the spoiling or the constant orgasms.

It was how he looked at me as if I was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen or how he kissed me hard before he left for work like he was scared he'd never get to again. It was the little things.

The playing with my hair when we were in bed, the eye contact when I spoke to him, the constant little touches here and there as he reaffirmed his feelings for me. It was everything.

Damien was and would be the only person that would ever make me feel this way and I was satisfied with that realization. I didn't want or need anyone else in my life.

The key to this whole candle-lit dinner was to make it all about Damien. I wanted to make him feel the same way he always makes me feel when he plans something for me.

I wanted to take care of him, feed him, spoil him, wait on him, worship him.

The shrimp scamp finished, garlic bread was cut and plates, and lastly the garden salad was set on the table. I lit every candle we owned, allowing the blinking flicker of the fire illuminates the room.

I placed a few roses on the table just to make it seem even more romantic along with a wine bottle and two flutes. Damien had informed me that he was already on his way, and I was waiting excitedly for him by the door.

I had gone to the salon earlier to prep myself because I wanted to look beautiful for Damien. I know it didn't matter to him, but this was something I enjoyed doing for myself.

I got a facial, trimmed my hair and got a blowout, got my makeup done at the counter, my nails cleaned, and toes painted, and since I was pulling out all the stops. I bought new lingerie.

It was a gorgeous long black silk nightgown with thin straps with a v-neckline that was embroidered with white lace and an open back. I wanted it to be sexy but not short.

If it was short, Damien would skip everything and jump at me. I mean he'd try to jump at me in the beginning, because with how this nightgown accentuated my breasts, him holding back would be a miracle.