Bonus #3- Forever

Five years later...

"Surprise!" a group of voices calls as I step into the dark room and flip on the lights.

I stand there in stunned silence, my eyes welling with profoundly happy tears as I take in the sight before me. Scattered throughout my new office space is everyone that helped me to get where I am today. My watery gaze scans over the faces of each of the occupants, my heart swelling with love for every one of them; I'm so preoccupied with absorbing the situation that I hardly even notice the abundance of balloons and decorations behind them. Someone must have put a significant amount of effort into setting this up for me.

"Well, come on, Morgs! Say something," Ashton prompts loudly, her voice overly excited in that familiar Ash way, drawing a laugh from the crowd.

I'm wholly speechless. I don't think I could put my feelings into words right now if I tried, and I'm certain that all of the people in this room probably know me well enough to understand that. However, it doesn't stop me from wrapping my arms around my best friend in a show of appreciation.

"You did it, girl! All your dreams have officially come true," she gushes into my ear, and I have to choke back the flood of tears threatening to spill down my face.

When Ashton and I finally tear ourselves away from each other, it's only seconds before another pair of arms envelops me, holding me lovingly against the chest that has been my favorite place for these past nine years. Parker tenderly kisses the top of my head, his hands rubbing my back comfortingly as he whispers, "You're amazing, you know? You're gonna change so many lives, and I'm so lucky to be standing by your side while you do."

My fiance's heartfelt words are the final straw, the last thing allowing me to restrict my overwhelming emotions, and I'm no longer able to hold myself back from becoming a happily sobbing mess in his arms. My life really couldn't get any more perfect than this.

Parker releases me from his grip, but only halfway, allowing me to greet the remainder of my guests while still soothing me with a one-armed hug. My parents are the next to approach me, both displaying broad smiles on their faces.

"Congratulations, sweetie!" my mom coos, her hands caressing my face gently and attempting to wipe away the tears. It's an entirely useless task, however, as they simply continue to fall steadily.

"I'm so proud of you, Morgan," my dad says softly, his own eyes glimmering with unshed tears. "Even after every hardship life has handed you, you've not only made something wonderful of yourself, but you're determined to help others in a similar predicament to your own. That's inspiring, Morgan. You're a remarkable and inspiring young woman, and I couldn't be more proud to be your father."

After I've finished greeting and thanking my guests, I stand quietly at the entrance to the room, soaking it all in. This is what I've created of my life, how I've turned my second chance into something so beautiful; it's everything I've ever wanted and so much more. I couldn't stop smiling even if I tried.

As I'm lost in my thoughts, an arm wraps around my shoulders, and I immediately relax into the touch. "Are you excited for the grand opening tomorrow?" Parker asks, his lips turned upward into a smile.

"Are you kidding me?" I question, a slight laugh in my voice. "Tomorrow, this place will be fully operational, and I'll finally be doing everything I can to support teens who are going through the same thing I went through. They'll have easy access to the care and support that I never realized exactly how much I truly needed until it was too late. This... This is my life's purpose; I just know it, Parker. Helping people like me is precisely why I was put on this earth."

"You really are incredible; do you know that?" he whispers lovingly into my hair, pulling me closer to his chest. "I could never imagine a world without you in it, Morgan Feldman."

I can't stop the chuckle that rises in my throat as I wrap my arms around my love's waist and return his embrace. "Luckily for you, I'm not going anywhere. I think you're stuck with me or something."

That beautiful laugh that I've grown to love so much over the years rumbles through his body before fluttering into my ears. "I wouldn't have it any other way," he admits before connecting our lips in a soft kiss.

As my heart overflows with both joy and love, I revel in the realization that this really is everything I could have asked for out of life. My parents never got back together, but I think that's for the best; they seem to finally be able to be in each other's presence without causing each other unnecessary pain, though, so that's a bonus. I have the best friend and fiance anyone could ever ask for. And now, now I'm fulfilling my dream. I can pass on my knowledge and care to others who desperately need it and show them that sometimes, life actually does turn out to be okay.

Or, in my case, far better than I could have imagined.