𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐝, 𝟎𝟏

YOU WATCHED AS THE sun dip behind the tall and unique buildings indicating that night had just begun

     YOU WATCHED AS THE sun dip behind the tall and unique buildings indicating that night had just begun. the glass of a wall showed a clear and marvellous view of the city below, bustling cars and people, who looked like ants from the floor that you were on, passing by to return to their respective homes.

"is that everything, miss y/n?" a middle aged lady stood a few feet away, professionally dressed, holding a clipboard with a solemn expression.

you looked over your shoulder, waving your hand dismissively, "ease up, lin." you chirped with a smug grin, pouting childishly to see no reaction from the latter. sighing, you nodded, "necessary objects have already been requested to be docked and loaded." you turned, facing the lady, "everything's taken care of, yada yada yada." you murmured, mimicking a sock puppet on your hand.

"you are aware of the risks?" you had received the same old query from a dozen of your workers, responding with the same answer accompanied with a poker face. you swore, you would rip your ears if you hear it again.

"showing concern won't do any good, stop that." you expressed by sticking your tongue out, walking towards lin who only furrowed her brown eyebrows in return, "did they send cash?"

lin reached into her blazer's built-in pocket, pulling out a paper parcel, "half a million, miss y/n." she pulled out a few bucks and gave it to you, fiddling with the wad of cash, "the rest are kept away."

you mused with a large grin, identical to the Cheshire Cat's. soon enough your shoulders start to bounce, "that-... desperate..?" you managed to say in between laughs, trying to maintain them by covering your mouth like a kid on Christmas day. lin could only knit her eyebrows together, wondering how she put up with you and survived. you are crazy, she had thought to herself many times, clenching the clipboard.

you sighed, letting the remaining giggles pass by before throwing the tied up cash on a nearby LED table. you found this all entertaining, how the police's effort was useless, how the FBI couldn't get a lead, how their attempts were futile. in the end they had to rely on you to solve the increasing cases in ohio, that's such a desperate move.

"did they agree on behalf of my terms and conditions?" you queried, turning away from lin to find something eye catching to look at.

the lady positioned the clipboard in a way that was easy for her to read, "classified information and evidence are for miss y/n l/n to investigate, files of ohio's cases are prohibited for anyone to read excluding miss y/n l/n, no one other than miss y/n
l/n are to assist or investigate in the state's case." lin ended, turning the clipboard to you.

you looked over your shoulder, seeing a signature on the edge of the paper which was enough for you to let out a hum of approval. you turned to a wall, there hung a clock, as if on queue, lin cleared her throat.

"the plane awaits, miss y/n."

。・゚𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ ゚・。